Consumers have been using storage boxes to organize nearly every part of their lives: In homes, on the farm, at warehouses, and even for travel. Over the years, many users have bought numerous brands and styles of storage containers for different applications. Some have served faithfully for decades in storage sheds, while some were only good for a year before cracking.
The best clothes box can lead to smarter living in your home. With a functional aesthetic, storage bins can declutter and organize. To find the ideal clothes box available, we conducted hours of research and evaluated product models on durability, size, type of plastic, closures, and price.
Top 10 Bestclothes box : Editor’s Choice
List of 10 Best clothes box: Selected and Tested by Experts
1. Bankers Box SmoothMove Wardrobe Moving Boxes, Tall, 24 x 24 x 40 Inches, 3 Pack (7711001)
- Designed specifically to move and store hanging items
- Each box includes 24″ Bar to accommodate up to 2 linear feet of Items
- Complete closure to keep articles clean
- Strong, durable hand holes to accommodate moving and lifting, tape required for assembly
- Reusable and recyclable
- This item’s packaging Will indicate what is inside and cannot be hidden.
Additional Info :
2. SONGMICS Fabric Storage Bins, 10.2 x 10.2 x 11 inches, Cube Storage Bins, Fabric Storage Bins with Dual Handles, Foldable Cube Baskets for Shelf, Closet Organizers and Storage Box, Gray UROB26LG
- Bits and Bobs, Come Home: If you always find toys, remotes, or blankets wandering around the house without a destination, it’s time to offer them a home; house them with this pack of 6 storage boxes in heathered gray that lends a breezy feel to your home
- Storage for Wisemen: Be it a painting, random dolls, a ukulele on the floor, or you are storing out-of-season clothes, these 6 storage boxes will lend you a helping hand to organize them, making your house look like it’s straight from the catalog pages
- Tried-and-True Quality: The bins are supported by 2 mm thick cardboard covered by 80 g/㎡ non-woven fabric to ensure a stiff, upright structure that can hold 11 lb each and works like a charm, just like always
- Stand or Fold: Standing at a nice size of 10.2″L x 10.2″W x 11″H, these cubes with two fabric handles can also be used as drawers that fit into standard cube organizing shelves; fold them up and stack flat in the closet in 2 seconds
- Versatile for Anywhere: These 6 lightweight storage cubes are nicely suitable for organizing your clothes in the bedroom, storing kid toys in the playroom, arranging books or magazines in the study, or settling your daily sundries in the living room
Additional Info :
3. Fab totes 6-Pack Clothes Storage, Foldable Blanket Storage Bags, Storage Containers for Organizing Bedroom, Closet, Clothing, Comforter, Sweater, Organization and Storage with Lids and Handle, Grey
- ? [Premium Fabric] 6 pack storage containers for organizing clothing with 60L capacity. Fab totes clothes storage is made of high-quality odorless, breathable non-woven fabric to protect your clothes from dust and moisture. Each blanket storage bag measures 21.65”x 13.78”x 12.40”.
- ?[Reinforced Handle] The storage organizer’s handles are reinforced with two additional layers of thick fabric to double the load-bearing capacity. These storage bags are easy to carry and transport when you move or load heavy items.
- ?[Window & Cleaning] See-through window in the front allows you to quickly see what is stored inside the totes for storage. To clean, simply wipe the clothing storage with a wet towel gently and air dry.
- ?[Sturdy Zipper] The clothes storage organizer is equipped with two-way #5 stainless steel zippers that may pull together. The stainless steel zipper is strong and not easily broken, ensuring a long service life for the totes.
- ?[Used on many occasions] The storage bins can be used in a variety of ways, not only for bedroom wardrobe, but also for baby room toys, student dormitory, tool room storage, and towel storage, to conveniently store and keep items clean.
Additional Info :
4. Lifewit Large Capacity Clothes Storage Bag Organizer with Reinforced Handle Thick Fabric for Comforters, Blankets, Bedding, Foldable with Sturdy Zipper, Clear Window, 3 Pack, 90L, Grey
- Reinforced Handle: The handle is sewn with two layers of thick fabric, and the load-bearing capacity is doubled. Reinforced seams are also implemented for added strength.
- Large Capacity: Each storage bag measures 23.6 x 16.9 x 13.7 in / 60 x 43 x 35 cm, with capacity 90L. It is spacious for your comforters, blankets, pillows, plush toys, jackets or other clothes.
- Premium Material: The organizer is made from high-quality, odorless, three-ply composite non-woven fabric which promotes ventilation and protects your stored things.
- Sturdy Zipper: Equipped with #5 stainless steel zippers which are hard to be broken, and can be used for a longer period of time. And two-way zippers allow it to easily slide along the closure when in use, regardless of how full the bag is.
- Versatility: The storage bag set can be used for closet or cloakroom, also a good choice for university dormitory, attic, bedroom use. They are just fabric bags, with no metal support inside, which is super easy to fold away into drawer or cabinet to save space.
Additional Info :
5. 6 Tier Shelf Hanging Closet Organizer, Closet Hanging Shelf with 2 Sturdy Hooks for Storage, Foldable (Black)
- GREAT CLOSET ORGANIZER – Improve your closet organization with open shelving that provides great accessibility and visibility, organizer maximizes utilization of vertical space, makes it perfect for small closets.
- VERSATILE USAGE – The heavy duty material of the 6 shelf organizer, is durable and strong enough to hold bulky sweaters, hats, and more accessories.
- STRONG CONSTRUCTION – The hanging organizer comes with a strong hook system, and hangs from any closet rod holds up to more weight.
- CONVENIENCE- The foldable feature and suitable size of this Closet Shelf Organizer means that it’s space-saving and convenient to take along. You could simply fold it up when it is not in used or need it for travel use.
- EASILY ACCESSIBLE -The friction force of the marital is small.making it quick and easy to pull sweaters, shirts, and accessories out of the organizer’s shelves.
Additional Info :
6. Bankers Box SmoothMove Wardrobe Moving Boxes, Short, 20 x 20 x 34 Inches, 3 Pack (7710902)
- Designed specifically to move and store hanging items and for storing bulky items like pillows
- Each box includes 20″ bar to accommodate up to 2 linear feet of items
- Closes completely for safety and to keep your stuff clean, tape required for assembly
- Strong, durable hand holes for comfortable moving and lifting
- Bankers Box Smooth Move Moving Boxes can help make your move easier by providing easy set-up and durable moving boxes
Additional Info :
7. PRANDOM Large Collapsible Storage Bins with Lids [3-Pack] Linen Fabric Foldable Storage Boxes Organizer Containers Baskets Cube with Cover for Home Bedroom Closet Office Nursery (17.7×11.8×11.8)
- 【High Quality】Made of high quality linen fabrics eco-friendly, fabrics durable material, and it doesn’t have any odor.The handle is made of stainless steel, Never rusts!
- 【Fashionable Bins】Designed to match interior decor and style in any room in the home or office. Enjoy the relaxing ambiance of the soft gray and natural black neutral color scheme.
- 【Space Saving】Sturdy side design makes these bins collapsible which will take full advantage of your closet shelf, and also can be folded flat to save space when not in use.
- 【Larger Dimension】:In year 2021’s new inventory,we have increased the storage container dimension to 17.7”x 11.8”x 11.8”(45 x 30 x 30cm),which can allow you to hold much more stuff such as clothes,toys,magazines,books and anything else,it is very convenient and practical.
- 【Don’t WORRY WARRANTY】The organizer bins are 3 times longer life-span than cheap bins. 2 year warranty is offered. Just click shop name to reach seller for any problem ,and we will offer better solution.
Additional Info :
8. StorageWorks Underbed Storage Box, Underbed Clothes Storage Bin for Clothes, Blankets and Shoes, Foldable Underbed Bags, Gray, Large, 2 Pack, 33″ L x 17″ W x 5 ¾” H
- Large transparent plastic lid and 2 extra built-in label holders help you identify the contents immediately
- Dust-proof storage bins with 2 metal zippers making for smooth and easy open and close.
- Ultra-thick fabric storage box with its sides and bottom reinforced by cardboards is sturdy for long-term use.
- Underbed storage box featuring thick PU handles on 3 sides for easy accessing, carrying, and retrieving.
- Foldable and Stackable container box hiding away out-of-season clothes, shoes, blankets, sweaters, accessories, toys, DVDs, holiday decorations, memorabilia, etc. suitable to use at home or in a dorm: in the closet, coatroom, bedroom, baby nursery, attic, basement, or under cribs.
Additional Info :
9. Amazon Basics Collapsible Fabric Storage Cubes Organizer with Handles, Gray – Pack of 6
- Set of 6 cloth storage cubes for organizing and reducing home or office clutter
- Made of stylish, sturdy, breathable fabric with sewn-in, easy-to-grab handles
- Function as open-top bins or as drawers when used with a storage-cube organizer (not included)
- Lightweight and easy to carry; collapsible for compact storage; Grey color
- Measures: 10.5 x 10.5 x 11 inches (LWH)
Additional Info :
10. Clothes Storage Bins Box – Linen Fabric Foldable Stackable Container Organizer Set with Clear Window & Carry Handles & Metal Frame – 2Pack Large Capacity for Bedding, Blankets, Toys, Books
- CLEAR WINDOW DESIGN: Our Storage organizer has 2 clear windows. Regardless of wheather your storage box is placed on the front or on the side,you can view the contents at a glance without having to move and open it, which can help you quickly identify items.
- STACKABLE & FOLDABLE: The storage bin has a Sturdy stainless steel frame and solid bottom, and you can place it above/below any other organization. When using a large storage box, the size is approximately 15.7″ * 11.8″ * 7.8″ Also it can be folded into a flat shape when not in use to save space, the size is approximately 15.7″ * 11.8″ * 0.6″.
- DOUBLE ZIPPER AND STURDY HANDLES： The two-way zipper opens and closes smoothly and quickly every time. Two reinforced side handles for easy movement.
- LARGE CAPACITY STORAGE BOX: 2*22L Large storage space for storing a variety of things. Suitable for your seasonal clothing, bedding, blankets, comforters, other clothes, shoes, book, toys, holiday decorations, etc. These storage organizer box can be placed in the bedroom, office, closet, study, attic or other places you want.
- PREMIUM MATERIAL: The organizer is made from high-quality, three-ply composite linen fabric which promotes ventilation and protects your stored things. Note: If you have any problems, please feel free to contact us. We will help you to solve the problem within 24 hours. Please be assured the purchase.
Additional Info :
How to choose the best clothes box: Important features to consider
Materials: Polyethylene vs. polypropylene – Low-density polyethylene (stamped on the bottom as LDPE, recycling group number four) is more flexible than stiff, cheap polypropylene (recycling group five), so it won’t crack as easily if you drop a loaded bin on the garage floor. It also won’t become brittle at freezing temperatures the way polypropylene does.
Each material has some advantages. Polypropylene can be made see-through, and it’s much more heat resistant — all the way up to boiling temperatures. LDPE is always tougher, but it gets very soft at temperatures above 110 degrees Fahrenheit and melts in boiling water. Our testers have seen far more polypropylene bins fail in long-term storage, especially in cold climates, but in a baking-hot attic, you’d want to be very careful about how much weight is stacked on an LDPE bin.
Latching lids – A flip-up latch will hold your bin closed even if you over-stuff it, which is handy for things like bulky sweaters and puffy blankets. If you put too much strain on latches, though, they’re prone to pop out of the mounting holes. Those holes also mean an entry point for moisture and insects.
A waterproof seal – If you just need a bin to shed rain, almost any will do: with one exception, the lids we tested to cover the edge of the bin, which means water will roll off without getting inside. A totally sealed lid (like our top pick) will also keep out humidity, though damp items can mildew quickly if you’re not careful about what you put in the bin.
Stackable designs – Nearly any bin can stand on top of another, but some designs are able to neatly mix and match small and large bins while creating a topple-resistant tower.
Single-size lids – If you’re building a collection of storage containers to fully organize your life, it can be handy to have bins with same-size openings. This usually means you can stack and nest different sizes as well as share lids between them. Usually, there will be at least two sizes in a series of containers with a common lid and footprint size, with the difference in volume made up by height.
What to Look for in a Plastic Storage Bin
“Pre-sort items you want to organize into categories for containment,” says Marci McAvoy, professional organizer and founder of Marci McAvoy Home Organization. After pre-sorting, consider the storage bin’s capacity. Measure what you need to store and the space where it will live.
“There’s nothing worse than buying a bunch of bins and getting home and realizing that your space is too narrow for the bin you chose, or maybe you didn’t realize that your shelves couldn’t be adjusted for height,” says McAvoy.
Plastic storage tubs list the capacity in quarts or gallons, and some may also include the weight limit. If you’re shopping online, you can get a sense of what a bin can hold by looking at both product photos and images posted by shoppers, which are often the most helpful.
Material and Design
Rigid plastic materials are less likely to buckle when filled with extremely heavy items. These are sometimes labeled as high-density bins. “A bin like this tends to be more expensive because it is really durable, keeps dust and critters out, and is airtight,” says McAvoy.
If you’re storing bins vertically, look for a stackable style (these usually have recessed lids), since this will help the bins stay stable and maximize your storage space from top to bottom. Note that some storage bins are narrower at the bottom and wider on top, so they can nest when they’re empty. This is a helpful feature, but if you are lining these up on shelves horizontally, you may have wasted space between them.
Lid Closure Type
Storage bin lids can be attached or removable. The attached lids might be on a single set of hinges, or they may split down the middle and interlock. When the lid is integrated into the design, you’re less likely to lose track of it, but McAvoy warns that sometimes these can break, rendering the entire bin unusable.
McAvoy prefers removable lids with side snaps and latches. If you live with small children, you might need to opt for more secure closures. If you love color-coding, consider lids that come in different colors. Others might opt for clear lids so they can easily see the contents.
When is the best time to buy plastic storage bins?
Plastic bins often go on sale in January or February, when retailers try to capitalize on customers’ resolutions to get organized. Containers in colors like red and green maybe even more deeply discounted at this time.
How should you label plastic storage bins?
There are almost as many labeling options as there are plastic containers. If you want flexibility, stick to erasable options such as removable chalkboard or whiteboard labels, and use either chalk paint or dry-erase markers. Label bin clips work well on the handles of open bins, and can also be used with dry-erase markers or Sharpies. Some people opt to simply write directly on clear bins, or buy pre-printed stickers. If you want your label to be permanent, use a marker like a Sharpie or an acrylic paint pen.
How can you hide plastic storage bins in your home?
If you’re looking to hide storage bins in your home, one option is to buy larger, more attractive containers made from materials like wood or rattan, and fit the plastic boxes inside. This works best for items you don’t need frequently. You could also use fabric, washi tape, drawer liner paper, spray paint, and stencils to decorate the exterior of plastic storage bins. If you really don’t want to see them, opt for under-bed storage containers.
Can you recycle plastic storage bins?
Check the number on the container as well as your area’s recycling rules. Many storage containers are made of polypropylene (labeled 5 or PP), and although this can be recycled, not all localities currently do this curbside, but some may accept them at transfer stations. You may be able to recycle polypropylene storage bins through a recycling company like TerraCycle. Try searching “specialty recycling company” and then the name of your town and state. Acrylic can be difficult to recycle, but some specialized facilities may accept it1. Products containing BPA cannot be recycled.2
If you can’t easily recycle your old bins, try posting them on a local swap group such as Buy Nothing or Freecycle, or using them for other home projects, such as building a terrarium or mini greenhouse. If they’re clean and in good condition, you can also donate them.
Last update on Wednesday, August 17, 2022 - 16:47:15 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API