Consumers have been using storage boxes to organize nearly every part of their lives: In homes, on the farm, at warehouses, and even for travel. Over the years, many users have bought numerous brands and styles of storage containers for different applications. Some have served faithfully for decades in storage sheds, while some were only good for a year before cracking.
The best edc box cutter can lead to smarter living in your home. With a functional aesthetic, storage bins can declutter and organize. To find the ideal edc box cutter available, we conducted hours of research and evaluated product models on durability, size, type of plastic, closures, and price.
Top 10 Bestedc box cutter : Editor’s Choice
List of 10 Best edc box cutter: Selected and Tested by Experts
1. Gerber Gear 31-003743 Prybrid Utility Knife with Pry bar, Multitool Pocket Knife with Retractable Blade,EDC Gear, Green
- 8-in-1 multi tool: Pry bar, nail puller, wire stripper, small flat head screwdriver, large flathead driver, bottle opener, standard utility blade, cord cut notch and lanyard hole
- Utility knife uses full sized replaceable utility blades with locking feature to protect when not in use
- Dual ended design with pry bar and pocket knife to cut through rope or twine
- Compact and slim multi tool fits great in a pocket or tool box. Makes a perfect companion for any work job site and for the around the house projects
- Overall length 4.25 inches, weight: 4.2 ounces ; Included limited lifetime warranty
Additional Info :
2. Exceed Designs TIRANT RAZOR V2 (Stonewashed) 6Al-4V Titanium Utility Knife & EDC Pocket Knife, Box Cutter, Razor Blade EDC Tool
- This low-profile ‘TiRant RAZOR’ titanium scales pocket knife, utility knife from Exceed Designs features a flipper razor blade clasp design & blade lock with near-zero tolerance when locked and full ball bearing action. It also has full 6AI-4V Titanium stone washed scales and a stainless stonewashed spring clip and blade clasp. This knife also comes with 10X generic replacement razor blades and box. This pocket knife utility knife tool is a must have for any EDC application!
- SUPER SLIM & LIGHTWEIGHT — This one of a kind design is one of the smallest usable folding pocket knife designs that doubles as a utility knife and opens up to a full 6” while utilizing generic utility knife blades that you can find at any hardware store! Featherweight CNC-Milled precision Titanium 6AI-4V scales. Blade and knife together ONLY weigh 2.6oz / 76g. The slim design makes this knife easy to carry as a must-have EDC tool for anyone regularly needing to use a razor blade.
- RAZOR BLADE FITMENT — This pocket knife fits most razor blades, however to keep zero tolerance and low blade-slop, we’ve designed this knife to fit tight with the average razor blade tested below: RAPID EDGE Serrated RT00003, Milwaukee General Purpose (48-22-1905), Husky General Use (1000040984) DeWalt Large Opening Hook (DWHT11011) DeWalt DWHT11010, Tajima V-REX II Blades, Olympia Tools UB8000CP Serrated LENOX BiMetal 2035GOLD5C *Other utility knife blades may fit depending on blade notch gap.
- SMOOTH ACTION & TIGHT TOLERANCES — If you’re looking for the perfect pocket knife that doubles as a box cutter and utility knife, look no further! This durable and sturdy utility knife is one of the smallest flipper utility knives ever offered in titanium. The true ball-bearing design also allows re-tightening of the blade without binding for perfect smooth flipper blade action!
- The razor blade is strongly secured within the hardened stainless clasp mechanism and easily switched with the press of the blade holder to the right side which releases the razor blade to switch sides or replace. The clasp is secured by 2 t-6 torx screws unlike other knives that aren’t nearly as secure as this design. Have peace of mind that your blade will perform perfectly with near zero tolerance for almost no blade misalignment. Does not require TORX to remove blade from knife.
- THE EXCEED DESIGNS PROMISE: Don’t fall for the fakes, each Exceed Designs TIRANT knife goes through strict quality control . Each knife is built to last a lifetime and is inspected in the USA and shipped from the USA. We know you will love this knife, but If you are not 100% satisfied within 30-days, return it without any questions asked!
3. MOSSY OAK 2-pack Folding Pocket Utility Knife Set, Quick Change Blade, Frame Lock, EDC Box Cutter with Belt Clip, Stone Washed
- ✅ Compact Utility Knife with Belt Clip – EDC folding utility knife can be placed easily in pocket, stone washed body offers nice look. Pocket clip leads to easy and safe carry, the clip maybe a little bit loose but will not fall, be relax and take care during use
- ✅ Dimensions – Opened Length: 5-1/4 inch; Folded Length: 3 inch; Wide: 7/8 inch (22 mm); Thickness 1/32 inch; Lightweight: 1.8 oz per piece. Perfectly fit in your palm
- ✅ Quick Change Blade Mechanism – Allow change of blades without tools. Always keep your blade fresh and sharp for a new sharp cutting tip.It can be replaced with all standard utility knife blade
- ✅ Secure Frame Lock – Side lock prevents blade from slipping during use. Make sure you slice and dice through those packages safely
- ✅ Wide Application – Suitable for light occasional uses on thicker paper, tape, plastic, letters, boxes, banding, twine, coupons, card stock, mat board, foam board, delicate fabrics, crafts, cardboard, balsa, amazon/ups/post office packaging
Additional Info :
|Color||2-Piece utility knives|
4. Exceed Designs TIRANT RAZOR-M Micro Slide Utility Knife & Pry Bar (Stonewashed) 6Al-4V Titanium Pocket Knife, EDC Tool, Box Cutter
- This Exceed Designs ‘TiRant RAZOR-M Micro’ utility knife, EDC pocket knife & pry bar is CNC milled from a solid block of 6Al-4V Titanium. The full titanium monoblock construction is built to last a lifetime and features our Tri-Level pressure slide aided by 3X black ceramic bearings. The ultra-light titanium design only weighs 0.5oz and nearly matches the thickness of just 2 home keys! This knife is available in stonewashed or jet-black ti plated color and includes 10X generic razor blades.
- ULTRA-THIN & LIGHTWEIGHT — We named this the ‘TiRant-M Micro’ for a reason! This ultra featherweight CNC-Milled precision Titanium 6AI-4V monoblock frame EDC utility knife is ONLY 0.15” thick, one of the thinnest EDC pocket knives ever made! The TiRant Micro weighs so little that you can attach it to your keyring or carry it in your pocket without even noticing it’s there. This is a must-have Utility Knife / EDC tool with the combined feature of a titanium pry bar!
- HOW TO USE — This minimalist titanium EDC tool features a sliding mechanism to engage the blade against the locking pin. (See image 4). To engage the blade, simply press down on the blade and slide it into the desired position WHILE cradling ONLY the upper and lower sections of the frame. (Important) To replace blade, press and slide the blade out until it exits the insertion slot. Once you get used to cradling the frame only while sliding the blade, normal use should become fast and easy!
- RAZOR BLADE FITMENT — In the locked position, this utility knife should fit most ALL razor blades, but in the closed position, only a few razor blades will engage behind the locking pin. Several that do lock behind the pin include the Husky 1000040984 utility blade and the DeWalt DWHT11011 Large Hook Blade. HOWEVER due to the pressure of the titanium frame, other blades are retained nicely in the closed position and under normal use, blades should not slide out at unwanted times.
- THE EXCEED DESIGNS PROMISE: Don’t fall for the fakes, each Exceed Designs TIRANT utility knife goes through strict quality control. Each EDC pocket knife is built to last a lifetime and is inspected / finished in the USA and shipped from the USA. We know you will love this knife, but If you are not 100% satisfied within 30-days, return it without any questions asked! Got a question? Please let us know, we usually respond within 8-10 business hours!
Additional Info :
5. WORKPRO Folding Utility Knife, Quick Change Blades Box Cutter, 3-Pack EDC Foldable Pocket Utility Knife Sets with Belt Clip
- One-handed Flip Design: The button lock facilitates the smooth opening of the foldable utility knife with one hand, and safely locks the pocket knife in place when in use, preventing it from accidentally opening or retracting.
- Quick Blade Change Mechanism: Pull out the blade with the push-up of a button and easily replace the new sharp blade with your hand, no need for a screwdriver or any other tools for disassembling. One more big plus is that it can accommodate all standard or pro-grade utility knife blades.
- Compact & Lightweight: WORKPRO small pocket utility knife with belt clip, lighter and smaller than most utility knives, only 1.87oz, 3-inch long when it is closed. This fold box cutter fits perfectly in a small pocket of pants or bag and allows you to carry it wherever you go.
- Durable & Sturdy: The sandblasting process ensures a smooth surface of the box cutter, effectively prevents rust, and extends its use. Utility knives’ thin and smooth bodies give the knife a shiny appearance and comfortable grip. (The darker surface luster of the Utility Knife is the newest special surface treatment, not a used product)
- Great Versatility: WORKPRO 3-PACK Folding Utility Knives are very suitable for cutting through paper, carpet, plastic, cartons, cloth, bags, linoleum, leather, rope, PVC, and most DIY projects. And it’s a great addition to your EDC, car, backpack, etc.
Additional Info :
6. 2 Pack Keychain Knife Small Folding Pocket Knife, EDC Box Cutter Key Knives with G10 Handle, Liner Lock and Clip, Unique Gift for Men Women
- CR13 STEEL BLADE – With high quality steel and corrosion resistance for durability and functionality. Solid metal and sharp edge to everyday carry for camping, backpacking, hiking, traveling and hunting.
- G10 HANDLE – With exceptional grip, it also has ultra-high hardness and wear resistance, fire damp, not deformed.The material composition will not change under the temperature of -50 ℃ ~ 150 ℃.
- LINER LOCK – The liner lock design ensure the safe during use.
- EASY TO CARRY – With potable pocket clip, put it in your pocket for EDC or keep on your keychain or backpack for everyday carry, which are always within reach and ready to work.
- Edcfans pocket folding knives provide a lifetime guarantee against defects in material and workmanship.
Additional Info :
7. Lichamp 6-Pack Folding Utility Knifes Box Cutter, Quick Change Razor Knife Utility Pocket Construction Blade Knife, (Orange, C6OG)
- 1) SHARP BUT SAFE TO USE – This folding box cutter knife is built with upgrade stainless steel handle and anti-slip orange painted finish grip which provides security and comfort for your hands. Also, our knife is built with back lock design that safely keeps your blades in place when in use, which also allows you one-hand easy opening and closing.
- 2) CONVENIENT QUICK-CHANGE SWITCH – Your creative small utility knife comes with easy blade replacement mechanism that allows you to quickly change the blades in seconds. Our little knife is compatible with most standard sized utility blades for extra convenience.
- 3) SMALL AND LIGHTWEIGHT DESIGN – Our folding box cutter knife is super lightweight and compact which makes it easy to hold in your pocket or bag. It comes with a belt clip included so you can quickly clip it on and off, you’ll always have it with you when needed.
- 4) IDEAL FOR VARIOUS APPLICATIONS – Our compact flip utility blade knife can be used for various different jobs that you may need to get done. It cuts through paper, carpet, plastic, cartons, cloth, bags, leather, PVC, dry wall and much more.
- 5. LONG-LASTING UTILITY BLADE – All of our original blade is made from high quality SK5 grade tough steel which makes its own a great edge-holding ability. SK5 is similar in properties to the American 1080 steel, which is made up of approximately 0.80% carbon and up to 0.90% manganese. Orange, C6OG
Additional Info :
8. KUNSON Stainless Steel Pocket Utility Knife, Portable EDC Retractable Box Cutter for Cartons, Cardboard and Boxes, Quick-Change Blade, Safety Lock Design, Extra 5 Blades Included (Black)
- New Stainless Steel Pocket Utility Knife Black, Portable EDC Retractable Box Cutter for Cartons, Cardboard and Boxes, perfect for hobby, DIY projects,Rope,wallpapers,Boxes/Packages,Handcraft and etc
- Overall length 8.3cm（3.27inch）(closed state), width 2.9cm（1.15inch）, thickness 0.4cm（0.16inch）, weight 44g（1.55oz）
- The blade is made of SK5 steel, with hardness of 62-63 HRC. Retractable and sliding internal lockable blade design, extra 5 blades included.
- Knife body is made of high quality stainless steel, resistant to wear and corrosion, long service life. Designed with hanging hole, you can hang it on your keychain, backpack and so on according to your needs, you may need it in all corners of life.
- Most handy utility knife, not only a knife, but also a multifunctional tool, it includes bottle opener, hexagonal wrench, ruler, hanging hole, safety switch, very convenient to use in daily life.
Additional Info :
9. Samior TU97 Titanium Small Utility Knife, Precision Craft Knife, Box Opening Razor Auto-Lock, Retractable Box Cartons Cutting Snap Off Blades Knife, for Office, Home, Arts, Crafts, with 10 Blades
- Overall Length: 97mm(3.8″)
- Precision knife with 10 replaceable blade
- Sharp and durable zirconium nitride coated blade
- Lightweight titanium handle is easy to maneuver
- Easily cuts paper, fabric, thin metal, and plastic
Additional Info :
10. ITOKEY Multitool Keychain knife, 2 Pack Small Pocket Box/ Seatbelt/ Strap Cutter, Razor Sharp Serrated Blade and Paratrooper Hook, EDC Folding Knives Key Chains for Women Men Everyday Carry
- 【2 IN 1 MULTI TOOL】Razor sharp serrated blade and paratrooper hook are safe and effective for quickly severing Strap, rope and car seat belt. Ideal edc tool with carabiner/ keychain for outdoor hiking, climbing, camping.
- 【UTILITY HANDLE】High quality nylon fiber handle is sturdy and durable, with ergonomically designed and non-slip textured. which provides a comfortable grip and good control to meet the needs of multi-tasking and multi-environment use.
- 【SAFETY & USEFUL】 Essential tool with safety lock to handle the utility tasks in daily life for cutting zip ties, strap, seatbelt, ropes, papers, also unpacking boxes and envelops. Multitool keychain knife works well in any condition and angle for cutting, with good edge retention and high corrosion resistance.
- 【COMPACT & PORTABLE】Small tiny size, awesome light weight with only 1 oz and handy. Great little cutter for car emergency or rescue, just clips to any of your tool bags, badge or shirt so it’s always available, which is easy to use and convenient to carry.
- 【AFFORDABLE & NO RISK TO BUY】Gadgets are a must tool, and 2 pack can be ready to go in the car or to share with family and friends, it would make a great gift for women men. Also 100% guaranteed for a one year warranty on this pocket folding knife.
Additional Info :
How to choose the best edc box cutter: Important features to consider
Materials: Polyethylene vs. polypropylene – Low-density polyethylene (stamped on the bottom as LDPE, recycling group number four) is more flexible than stiff, cheap polypropylene (recycling group five), so it won’t crack as easily if you drop a loaded bin on the garage floor. It also won’t become brittle at freezing temperatures the way polypropylene does.
Each material has some advantages. Polypropylene can be made see-through, and it’s much more heat resistant — all the way up to boiling temperatures. LDPE is always tougher, but it gets very soft at temperatures above 110 degrees Fahrenheit and melts in boiling water. Our testers have seen far more polypropylene bins fail in long-term storage, especially in cold climates, but in a baking-hot attic, you’d want to be very careful about how much weight is stacked on an LDPE bin.
Latching lids – A flip-up latch will hold your bin closed even if you over-stuff it, which is handy for things like bulky sweaters and puffy blankets. If you put too much strain on latches, though, they’re prone to pop out of the mounting holes. Those holes also mean an entry point for moisture and insects.
A waterproof seal – If you just need a bin to shed rain, almost any will do: with one exception, the lids we tested to cover the edge of the bin, which means water will roll off without getting inside. A totally sealed lid (like our top pick) will also keep out humidity, though damp items can mildew quickly if you’re not careful about what you put in the bin.
Stackable designs – Nearly any bin can stand on top of another, but some designs are able to neatly mix and match small and large bins while creating a topple-resistant tower.
Single-size lids – If you’re building a collection of storage containers to fully organize your life, it can be handy to have bins with same-size openings. This usually means you can stack and nest different sizes as well as share lids between them. Usually, there will be at least two sizes in a series of containers with a common lid and footprint size, with the difference in volume made up by height.
What to Look for in a Plastic Storage Bin
“Pre-sort items you want to organize into categories for containment,” says Marci McAvoy, professional organizer and founder of Marci McAvoy Home Organization. After pre-sorting, consider the storage bin’s capacity. Measure what you need to store and the space where it will live.
“There’s nothing worse than buying a bunch of bins and getting home and realizing that your space is too narrow for the bin you chose, or maybe you didn’t realize that your shelves couldn’t be adjusted for height,” says McAvoy.
Plastic storage tubs list the capacity in quarts or gallons, and some may also include the weight limit. If you’re shopping online, you can get a sense of what a bin can hold by looking at both product photos and images posted by shoppers, which are often the most helpful.
Material and Design
Rigid plastic materials are less likely to buckle when filled with extremely heavy items. These are sometimes labeled as high-density bins. “A bin like this tends to be more expensive because it is really durable, keeps dust and critters out, and is airtight,” says McAvoy.
If you’re storing bins vertically, look for a stackable style (these usually have recessed lids), since this will help the bins stay stable and maximize your storage space from top to bottom. Note that some storage bins are narrower at the bottom and wider on top, so they can nest when they’re empty. This is a helpful feature, but if you are lining these up on shelves horizontally, you may have wasted space between them.
Lid Closure Type
Storage bin lids can be attached or removable. The attached lids might be on a single set of hinges, or they may split down the middle and interlock. When the lid is integrated into the design, you’re less likely to lose track of it, but McAvoy warns that sometimes these can break, rendering the entire bin unusable.
McAvoy prefers removable lids with side snaps and latches. If you live with small children, you might need to opt for more secure closures. If you love color-coding, consider lids that come in different colors. Others might opt for clear lids so they can easily see the contents.
When is the best time to buy plastic storage bins?
Plastic bins often go on sale in January or February, when retailers try to capitalize on customers’ resolutions to get organized. Containers in colors like red and green maybe even more deeply discounted at this time.
How should you label plastic storage bins?
There are almost as many labeling options as there are plastic containers. If you want flexibility, stick to erasable options such as removable chalkboard or whiteboard labels, and use either chalk paint or dry-erase markers. Label bin clips work well on the handles of open bins, and can also be used with dry-erase markers or Sharpies. Some people opt to simply write directly on clear bins, or buy pre-printed stickers. If you want your label to be permanent, use a marker like a Sharpie or an acrylic paint pen.
How can you hide plastic storage bins in your home?
If you’re looking to hide storage bins in your home, one option is to buy larger, more attractive containers made from materials like wood or rattan, and fit the plastic boxes inside. This works best for items you don’t need frequently. You could also use fabric, washi tape, drawer liner paper, spray paint, and stencils to decorate the exterior of plastic storage bins. If you really don’t want to see them, opt for under-bed storage containers.
Can you recycle plastic storage bins?
Check the number on the container as well as your area’s recycling rules. Many storage containers are made of polypropylene (labeled 5 or PP), and although this can be recycled, not all localities currently do this curbside, but some may accept them at transfer stations. You may be able to recycle polypropylene storage bins through a recycling company like TerraCycle. Try searching “specialty recycling company” and then the name of your town and state. Acrylic can be difficult to recycle, but some specialized facilities may accept it1. Products containing BPA cannot be recycled.2
If you can’t easily recycle your old bins, try posting them on a local swap group such as Buy Nothing or Freecycle, or using them for other home projects, such as building a terrarium or mini greenhouse. If they’re clean and in good condition, you can also donate them.
Last update on Tuesday, August 16, 2022 - 13:47:15 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API