Consumers have been using storage boxes to organize nearly every part of their lives: In homes, on the farm, at warehouses, and even for travel. Over the years, many users have bought numerous brands and styles of storage containers for different applications. Some have served faithfully for decades in storage sheds, while some were only good for a year before cracking.
The best light box for depression can lead to smarter living in your home. With a functional aesthetic, storage bins can declutter and organize. To find the ideal light box for depression available, we conducted hours of research and evaluated product models on durability, size, type of plastic, closures, and price.
Top 10 Bestlight box for depression : Editor’s Choice
List of 10 Best light box for depression: Selected and Tested by Experts
1. Light Therapy Lamp, UV-Free 10000 Lux Therapy Light, Touch Control with 3 Adjustable Brightness Levels and 4 Timer Function, Large Light Surface 90° Rotatable Stand, Compact Size for Home/Office Use
- 【Upgraded Light Therapy Lamp】Novel appearance design with 4 timer function, you can choose this therapy box light for 15 / 30 / 45 / 60 minutes. Starting with 15 minutes and then gradually increasing to the most suitable using time, energy saving and convenient.
- 【Compact Size Lights Therapy Box】Ultra-thin design lightweight & unobtrusive 0.59 in” profile is super portable and ideal for home, office, indoor and travel. Tablet design Provide better efficiency with uniform illuminance and large light-emitting therapy area.
- 【UV-Free Safe Light Therapy】Release 10,000 lux (light level) intensity natural sunlight for effective light therapy, non-invasive and UV-free, help fight winter blues, jet lag, shift work or seasonal changes and boost energy. Provides signals to the body to help you feel energized, focused, and revitalized.
- 【Touch Control Therapy Lamp】Offers 3 brightness levels for maximum comfort and customization. Smooth Dimming function makes it easy to adjust brightness levels from 30% to 100% with a simple touch of the button. Customize the most suitable light depending on environment.
- 【90 Rotation Standing Bracket】This Light therapy desk lamp comes with a 90 degree rotation standing bracket, adjust the opening angle to position the light as best needed. Place next to laptop, on the kitchen counter or cubicle desk, matching any types of decoration.
Additional Info :
2. Alaska Northern Lights Northstar – 10,000 LUX Bright Light Therapy Lamp
- 10,000 LUX at 24 inches. Trusted since 1993.
- UV free. Includes a 25,000 hertz electronic ballast with no irritating flicker or electromagnetic field.
- Comfortable low glare prismatic light diffuser to protect your eyes. Can be used horizontally or vertically.
- Large enough for multi person use with 281 sq inches of surface area.
- Features 2 broad spectrum Biax bulbs and high mirror finish reflectors to give you the best distance for light therapy.
Additional Info :
3. Sunrise Sensations – DayBright Light Therapy Lamp Full Spectrum, 10,000 LUX, UV-Free, Full Size, Adjustable Light Crafted from Solid Wood
- Functional, stylish & effective: A light therapy lamp with unmatched brightness and design. Remote controlled 10,000 LUX, full-spectrum UV-free light, made from FSC certified wood.
- Fully adjustable 10k lux brightness: Warm, UV-free LED technology gives full spectrum light with optimal effect on circadian rhythm. Adjust color warmth and brightness settings from 5000 to over 10,000 LUX.
- Design + sustainability: Natural wood light therapy box that is elegant, not clinical. Modern design made of sustainable real wood (not wood-colored plastic).
- Full size: Large, full-sized therapy light panel with wider effective angle and longer distance than small, undersized lights.
- Remote: Remotely adjust brightness and color warmth and overcome winter blues. Remote controls broad spectrum of light qualities for happy light.
Additional Info :
4. Carex Day-Light Classic Plus Bright Light Therapy Lamp – 10,000 LUX At 12 Inches – LED Sun Lamp Mood Light and Sunlight Lamp
- 10000 LUX LIGHT THERAPY LAMP (AT 12″). Daylight Lamp provides the recommended 10,000 LUX of glare-free white light. Sunlight lamp includes a safe, glare-free screen, and is a LED therapy light. Comes with a flexible angle stand for optimal light therapy
- LED THERAPY LIGHT. The Mayo Clinic suggests using light therapy. Our natural light lamp brings you a light therapy lamp that safely and comfortably blocks 99.3% of UV and projects light downward as recommended by experts for maximum effectiveness
- FULL SPECTRUM LIGHT. MAXIMUM EFFECTIVENESS. A large sun light lamp that provides superior light therapy. Our light therapy box is based on the model used by global researchers and includes 2 light settings for effective light box therapy.
- CLINICAL STRENGTH, INDUSTRY LEADER. Raise your mood, improve your sleep, recover from jet lag, or boost your low energy using our mood light therapy light. Use it to energize your day or improve concentration while you work. Includes 5 year warranty.
- BROAD ILLUMINATION RANGE. Our LED BrightZone Technology delivers the maximum dose of 10,000 LUX at 12 inches, ensuring you don’t have sit up close to the sun lamp like competing brands, maximizing effectiveness.
Additional Info :
5. Northern Light Technologies Boxelite-OS 10,000 Lux Bright Light Therapy Light Box, Black
- Offers 10,000 lux of diffuse light at a distance of up to 14 inches, UV blocked
- Full Spectrum Lighting. Quality metal construction.Very low EMF
- Adjustable panel angle and 5 elevation settings allow for a truly customizable light therapy experience
- Electronically powered ballast assures reliable performance with no flicker and no hum
- Made in Canada following strict QAI safety guidelines
Additional Info :
6. Alaska Northern Lights Aurora LightPad Max – 10,000 LUX Bright Light Therapy Box – More Than 115,000 Sold!
- 10,000 LUX at 30 inches. 76 sq inches of surface area. Compact, portable and lightweight LED light therapy box.
- UV free. 600 ultra bright white LED chips that last 20+ years.
- Fully adjustable integrated stand with 13 different angle options.
- Features touch pad for power on/off and three brightness levels. ETL Safety Certified.
- Increases energy and enhances mood. Perfect to use at home, office or on the go.
Additional Info :
7. Light Therapy Lamp, UV-Free 10000 Lux Bright White Therapy Light, 90° Rotatable Stand with Timer, Brightness Adjustable, Touch Control, Memory Function
- UV-Free LED Light: Mimics the full spectrum of light found in daylight, the lamp delivers the recommended 10,000Lux. Safe to use as it doesn’t cause pollution, radiation, and protects your eyes
- Adjustable Brightness Levels: With smooth dimmer (10% – 100%), you can set it by touching the button (+/-) for 2 seconds to the best level according to the environment, distance from the lamp
- Rotatable Bracket: Pivot the stand 90 degrees for use in portrait or landscape & adjust the opening angle between 40-100 degrees to position the light as best needed
- Handy 30-Minute Timer & Memory Function: Long press the power button for 2sec to start the 30min timer and the LED indicator blinks (long press a second time to cancel the timer); memory function helps you quickly turn on your light from last brightness setting
- Ultra-Thin Design: Extra-large light surface & ultra-thin size (8.7 * 6.7 * 0.4 in) for easily fit in small places and storage, such as fits next to your laptop, on the kitchen counter and anywhere
Additional Info :
8. Carex Day-Light Sky Bright Light Therapy Lamp – 10,000 LUX – Sun Lamp To Combat Winter Blues and To Increase Your Energy
- SAFE LIGHT THERAPY LAMPS. Combat fatigue, circadian sleep disorders, jet lag, shift work adjustment, and low energy with this bright light therapy lamp. The Day-Light Sky lamp is an LED light box that delivers the recommended 10,000 LUX light therapy
- LOOKING FOR SUN LAMPS? Our sunlight lamp is glare-free and flicker free LED that evenly distributes the light therapy. Made with high-efficiency LED diodes, the Day-Light Sky daylight lamp eliminates flicker that comes with ordinary fluorescent fixtures.Height adjustable
- 2 SETTINGS: The light therapy lamp offers two settings. One setting provides 10000 LUX of therapeutic glare-free white light while the one-light setting provides convenient glare-free task lighting making it the perfect sunlight therapy lamp for any situation
- CLINICALLY TESTED, RECOMMENDED BY EXPERTS. Doctors are recommending sun lamps and sunlight light therapy lamps for fatigue, jet lag, and for increasing energy. Exposure to the sunrise and sunlight is a key factor in synchronizing our bodies to the external world
- UV FILTERED & SAFE. The light box is made of Hi-impact polycarbonate and the lens filters 100% of harmful UV rays. This light therapy device meets the standards for safe sun lamp therapy and full spectrum light therapy.120 VAC, 60Hz, 1.5A
- Provides a large field of illumination for maximum therapeutic benefit
Additional Info :
9. Amazon Basics Portable Foldable Photo Studio Box with LED Light – 25 x 30 x 25 Inches
- No assembly required with set-up in less than a minute; Collapses into a thin, portable, and durable portfolio case.
- Measures 25” x 30” x 25” to fit a variety of product sizes; Includes power supply, user manual, and pre-installed removable bright-white backdrop.
- High output built-in LED lights for handheld photography with a camera or smartphone. Lights are positioned for optimum contrast, and provide 5600k daylight balanced LEDs with high Color Rendering Index (CRI) for consistent color. An extra light provides directional light modelling like in a photo studio, giving better highlights, contrast, and shape to product images.
- A front 3-door system maximizes image angles while reducing outside reflections, and a top hole enables imaging from above.
- Compatible with Amazon Seller app; Shoot, edit, and directly upload catalog images to Amazon.
Additional Info :
10. Verilux® HappyLight® Luxe – UV-Free LED Therapy Lamp, Bright White Light with 10,000 Lux, Adjustable Brightness, Color, and Countdown Timer
- UV-FREE, LED, FULL SPECTRUM LIGHT – Our largest light therapy lamp that delivers up to 10,000 lux for effective, safe, and natural light therapy
- PERSONALIZED SETTINGS – Customize your experience with 4 brightness levels, 3 HappyHue color temperature options, and a convenient countdown timer that is programmable up to 1 hour, in 5 minute increments
- IMPROVE SLEEP, MOOD, FOCUS, ENERGY – Bright light therapy improves sleep, boosts mood, increases energy, and enhances focus, leaving you feeling revitalized
- PORTABLE & PRACTICAL – The ultra-thin tablet design with detachable stand and wall mount makes HappyLight Luxe portable enough for use at home or on-the-go, and perfect for the winter blues, insomnia, sunlight deprivation, shift work, office employees, and seniors
- LIFE IN A BETTER LIGHT – With over 60 years in healthy lighting and the creator of the original HappyLight, our US-based team is here for you with live support and a 3-year warranty
Additional Info :
How to choose the best light box for depression: Important features to consider
Materials: Polyethylene vs. polypropylene – Low-density polyethylene (stamped on the bottom as LDPE, recycling group number four) is more flexible than stiff, cheap polypropylene (recycling group five), so it won’t crack as easily if you drop a loaded bin on the garage floor. It also won’t become brittle at freezing temperatures the way polypropylene does.
Each material has some advantages. Polypropylene can be made see-through, and it’s much more heat resistant — all the way up to boiling temperatures. LDPE is always tougher, but it gets very soft at temperatures above 110 degrees Fahrenheit and melts in boiling water. Our testers have seen far more polypropylene bins fail in long-term storage, especially in cold climates, but in a baking-hot attic, you’d want to be very careful about how much weight is stacked on an LDPE bin.
Latching lids – A flip-up latch will hold your bin closed even if you over-stuff it, which is handy for things like bulky sweaters and puffy blankets. If you put too much strain on latches, though, they’re prone to pop out of the mounting holes. Those holes also mean an entry point for moisture and insects.
A waterproof seal – If you just need a bin to shed rain, almost any will do: with one exception, the lids we tested to cover the edge of the bin, which means water will roll off without getting inside. A totally sealed lid (like our top pick) will also keep out humidity, though damp items can mildew quickly if you’re not careful about what you put in the bin.
Stackable designs – Nearly any bin can stand on top of another, but some designs are able to neatly mix and match small and large bins while creating a topple-resistant tower.
Single-size lids – If you’re building a collection of storage containers to fully organize your life, it can be handy to have bins with same-size openings. This usually means you can stack and nest different sizes as well as share lids between them. Usually, there will be at least two sizes in a series of containers with a common lid and footprint size, with the difference in volume made up by height.
What to Look for in a Plastic Storage Bin
“Pre-sort items you want to organize into categories for containment,” says Marci McAvoy, professional organizer and founder of Marci McAvoy Home Organization. After pre-sorting, consider the storage bin’s capacity. Measure what you need to store and the space where it will live.
“There’s nothing worse than buying a bunch of bins and getting home and realizing that your space is too narrow for the bin you chose, or maybe you didn’t realize that your shelves couldn’t be adjusted for height,” says McAvoy.
Plastic storage tubs list the capacity in quarts or gallons, and some may also include the weight limit. If you’re shopping online, you can get a sense of what a bin can hold by looking at both product photos and images posted by shoppers, which are often the most helpful.
Material and Design
Rigid plastic materials are less likely to buckle when filled with extremely heavy items. These are sometimes labeled as high-density bins. “A bin like this tends to be more expensive because it is really durable, keeps dust and critters out, and is airtight,” says McAvoy.
If you’re storing bins vertically, look for a stackable style (these usually have recessed lids), since this will help the bins stay stable and maximize your storage space from top to bottom. Note that some storage bins are narrower at the bottom and wider on top, so they can nest when they’re empty. This is a helpful feature, but if you are lining these up on shelves horizontally, you may have wasted space between them.
Lid Closure Type
Storage bin lids can be attached or removable. The attached lids might be on a single set of hinges, or they may split down the middle and interlock. When the lid is integrated into the design, you’re less likely to lose track of it, but McAvoy warns that sometimes these can break, rendering the entire bin unusable.
McAvoy prefers removable lids with side snaps and latches. If you live with small children, you might need to opt for more secure closures. If you love color-coding, consider lids that come in different colors. Others might opt for clear lids so they can easily see the contents.
When is the best time to buy plastic storage bins?
Plastic bins often go on sale in January or February, when retailers try to capitalize on customers’ resolutions to get organized. Containers in colors like red and green maybe even more deeply discounted at this time.
How should you label plastic storage bins?
There are almost as many labeling options as there are plastic containers. If you want flexibility, stick to erasable options such as removable chalkboard or whiteboard labels, and use either chalk paint or dry-erase markers. Label bin clips work well on the handles of open bins, and can also be used with dry-erase markers or Sharpies. Some people opt to simply write directly on clear bins, or buy pre-printed stickers. If you want your label to be permanent, use a marker like a Sharpie or an acrylic paint pen.
How can you hide plastic storage bins in your home?
If you’re looking to hide storage bins in your home, one option is to buy larger, more attractive containers made from materials like wood or rattan, and fit the plastic boxes inside. This works best for items you don’t need frequently. You could also use fabric, washi tape, drawer liner paper, spray paint, and stencils to decorate the exterior of plastic storage bins. If you really don’t want to see them, opt for under-bed storage containers.
Can you recycle plastic storage bins?
Check the number on the container as well as your area’s recycling rules. Many storage containers are made of polypropylene (labeled 5 or PP), and although this can be recycled, not all localities currently do this curbside, but some may accept them at transfer stations. You may be able to recycle polypropylene storage bins through a recycling company like TerraCycle. Try searching “specialty recycling company” and then the name of your town and state. Acrylic can be difficult to recycle, but some specialized facilities may accept it1. Products containing BPA cannot be recycled.2
If you can’t easily recycle your old bins, try posting them on a local swap group such as Buy Nothing or Freecycle, or using them for other home projects, such as building a terrarium or mini greenhouse. If they’re clean and in good condition, you can also donate them.
Last update on Sunday, August 14, 2022 - 7:37:19 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API