Consumers have been using storage boxes to organize nearly every part of their lives: In homes, on the farm, at warehouses, and even for travel. Over the years, many users have bought numerous brands and styles of storage containers for different applications. Some have served faithfully for decades in storage sheds, while some were only good for a year before cracking.
The best outdoor power outlet box can lead to smarter living in your home. With a functional aesthetic, storage bins can declutter and organize. To find the ideal outdoor power outlet box available, we conducted hours of research and evaluated product models on durability, size, type of plastic, closures, and price.
Top 10 Bestoutdoor power outlet box : Editor’s Choice
List of 10 Best outdoor power outlet box: Selected and Tested by Experts
1. SockitBox – The Original Weatherproof Connection Box – Indoor & Outdoor Electrical Power Cord Enclosure for Timers, Extension Cables, Transformers, Power Strips, Lights, Tools & More – Medium – Black
- SUPERIOR ELECTRICAL SAFETY – IP55 Rated Indoor & Outdoor Waterproof Power Cord Connection Box Helps Keep All Your Home Electrical Equipment Safe & Dry
- PATENTED WEATHERPROOF DESIGN – Size Medium is Perfect for Protecting Power Strips, Surge Protectors, Plug-In Timers, Extension Cords & Other Multi-Socket Gear
- PORTABLE & EASY TO USE – No Permanent Installation Required! The Innovative Interlocking Lid Opens Easily & Molds Tightly Around Power Cords When Closed
- HEAVY DUTY CONSTRUCTION – Features a Super Thick, Durable Plastic Body & Silicone Weatherproof Seal, Gasket & Molding Blocks for a Lifetime of Protection
- ENDLESS POSSIBILITIES – Ideal Choice for a Wide Range of Lawn & Garden Applications Including Holiday & Landscape Lights, Fountains, Power Tools, Etc.
Additional Info :
2. TAYMAC MKG420CS Nonmetallic Extra Duty Complete in-Use Cover 15 Amp WRTR Self Test GFCI Kit, 1-Gang, Clear/Gray
- Superior commercial quality die-cast metal construction
- The premium powder coat finish provides maximum weather ability and scratch resistance
- Weatherproof box has 3 1/2 inch outlets
- Patented quick-fit keyhole mounting system allows cover installation under a minute
Additional Info :
3. WELLUCK 50 Amp Generator Power Inlet Box, NEMA 3R Power Inlet Box, PB50, SS2-50P, CS6375 Generator Plug for Outdoor Receptacle, Generator Outlet, Weatherproof, ETL Listed, 125/250 Volt, 12500W
- 【ETL CERTIFIED】50A, 125/250V, 12500W GENERATOR INLET BOX with CS6375 inlet generator plug, designed for all 50 amp NEMA SS2-50 generator cord. 4-8 AWG Wire Supported in Max. The Best Partner for generator to house power cord, providing and maintaining continous backup power supply from the generator outside, especially when short of power, terrible weather…
- 【POWER ON INDICATION】Upgraded with the Green Light Power on Indication on the lid, will light on when plug in and start power connection. Comparing with old version, WELLUCK power inlet box is more visible and safer when working, especially at night or dark area.
- 【LARGER SPACE】The front panel is removable for wiring up. Comparing with old version, larger space makes the whole installation easier and faster, what’s more, the heat-dissipation will be better and guarrantee long lifetime.
- 【4 WAYS CONNECTION】1.2″ hole drilling position on 4 areas (Left, Right, Bottom & Back) could connect to transfer switch and electric panel on multi-directions straightly. No more serious curving wire.
- 【WEATHERPROOF & RUST RESISTANCE】The whole metal body is covered by anti-rust powder coating and the fliping cap could be shut down when it is not working in order to prevent dust, humid air and water.
Additional Info :
4. BN-LINK 24 Hour Mechanical Outdoor Multi Socket Timer, 6 Outlet Garden Power Stake
- SIMPLE TO USE: Pins UP means timer is OFF. Pins DOWN means timer is ON. Please note that your timer’s pins will come pressed DOWN new of the box. Pull the pins UP to begin setting your timer.
- AUTOMATE WITH 6 OUTLETS: Turn on and off outdoor lights, Christmas trees, sprinkler and other electrical devices with 6 grounded outlets timer.
- SAFETY BUILT-IN: The timer will shut itself off if it senses an imbalance of of electrical current to prevent electrical shocks to anyone.
- FOR OUTDOOR USE: Use during rain days. Clear weatherproof cover provides protecting timer from weather conditions. Individual safety covers protect outlets from water, dust and damage. Also comes with a 72 inch green cord that blends in with your garden.
- HEAVY DUTY AND DURABLE: ETL listed, 125V, 60Hz, 15A/1875W Resistive or General purpose Load, 8A/1000W Tungsten & Electronic Ballast Load, 1/2Hp
Additional Info :
5. Sealproof 1-Gang Weatherproof Exterior In Use Outlet Cover and Box Kit – Metallic Electrical Outlet Box and UL Extra Duty, Lockable, In Use Outdoor Outlet Cover – Horizontal/Vertical Use
- Kit includes gasket and mounting hardware, closure plugs and self threading ground screws.
- Bubble Cover has a Patented Multi-Configuration Design: Gang can be used horizontally or vertically, with up to 18 configurations, wheter GFCI, Duplex, Switch, or Round.
- Outlet Cover is made of durable polycarbonate construction, lockable and easy to install, and fits full size padlock. Outlet Box is constructed of heavy duty die-cast aluminum with a weatherproof powdercoat finish to protect it from the elements. Keeps rain and dirt from disrupting any electrical circuit.
- Outlet Box has Three (3) 1/2 Inch Outlet Holes. Heavy duty die-cast aluminum construction with a weatherproof powdercoat finish to protect it from the elements. Keeps rain and dirt from disrupting any electrical circuit.UL Listed. While-in-use bubble cover is UL Extra Duty Compliant (for Wet Locations, National Electrical Code 406.9 (B)(1)). NEC Compliant, UL File No. E362580
- Outlet box is 2-Inch Deep. Outlet Cover is 3-1/4″ deep.Outlet Box has Three (3) 1/2 Inch Outlet Holes. Heavy duty die-cast aluminum construction with a weatherproof powdercoat finish to protect it from the elements. Keeps rain and dirt from disrupting any electrical circuit.
Additional Info :
|Color||Clear w/ Box|
6. DEWENWILS Extension Cord Connection Box, Outdoor Plug Cover for Electrical Connections, Ideal for Extension Cords, Timers, Power Strips, Power Tools, Holiday and Landscape Lights, Black
- 【WEATHER-RESISTANT CONNECTION】 This weatherproof extension cord connection box provides a watertight sealed space to protect outdoor & indoor plug connections from the elements like water, snow, rain, dust, and dirt to ensure circuit safety ( Note: It is just water-resistant. Do not submerse it in water)
- 【FITS 12/14/16 GAUGE Extension Cord】 Ample housing can accommodate a power strip with up to 6 outlets; fits up to 12 gauge extension cord and flat cable(not included); 5 cord holes feed multiple cords connections; 2 unopened optional drain holes are available to fit larger gauge cords or drain the water
- 【FIRM AND TIGHT CONNECTION】Rubber seals at every wire slot conform well to the power cord; inside cable retention clamps hold the extension cords tightly in place to prevent the plugs from sliding or disconnecting even if tug the cords in uses
- 【BUILT TO LAST】 Made of heavy-duty plastic to ensure that the waterproof outlet box is sturdy enough to withstand different weather; IP54 water-resistant plastic enclosure and rubber gasket around the lid secure it weather tight; manage your cord to keep the area clean and neat
- 【EASY TO USE】 It is mountable by 4 direct mounting holes and 2 keyhole mounting slots; One large latch allows you to lock the outdoor cord cover box to protect your devices from loss and accidentally opened; ideal for pool pump, timer, pet heaters, holiday and landscape lighting, power tools and garden tools
Additional Info :
7. Sealproof 1-Gang Weatherproof In Use Outdoor Outlet Extra Deep Cover | Lockable, UL Extra Duty Compliant, 18 Configurations
- 5-1/4″ Deep to allow plenty of room for 12 AWG or heavier cable. Non-metallic clear Frost
- Patented multi-configuration design,with up to 18 configurations, wheter GFCI, Duplex, Switch, or Round
- UL Extra Duty Compliant (for Wet Locations, National Electrical Code 406.9 (B)(1)), NEC Compliant, UL File No. E362580
- Can be used horizontally or vertically, is lockable and includes gasket and mounting hardware. Outlet box not included.
- Outlet box, lock, and receptacle are not included
Additional Info :
8. TayMac MM410C Single Horizontal/Vertical Mount 1-Gang Weatherproof In-Use Electrical Outlet Cover for Home Improvement, 2.75 in, Clear
- This are easy to use
- This is highly durable
- This is manufactured in China
- Model number: MM410C
Additional Info :
9. 50 Amp 125/250 Volt RV Power Outlet Box, Enclosed Lockable Weatherproof NEMA 14-50R Outdoor Electrical Receptacle Panel, 50 Amp RV Receptacle for RV Camper Trailer Motorhome Electric Car Generator
- ETL LISTED: 50A rv receptacle, NEMA 14-50R outlet 125V with type 3R enclosure rainproof which compatible with the normal 50A NEMA 14-50P rv cord.
- Enough Space: There is plenty of room for heavy gauge wire and it’s easy to getting the wires in the proper spot. The door can be closed while plugging in the 50A RV cord even with a large handle. And front lid will stay up while working on the box.
- WEATHERPROOF&ANTI-THEFT: Our 50A power outlet is constructed of heavy gauge iron for durability and protecting the power outlet from element. Doors can be locked to prevent power theft and anyone disconnecting the service. Now you can power your RV, motorhome, electric car, Tesla, generator, welder ect. in a safe and reliable way.
- EASY TO WIRE&INSTALL: There are multiple sides for wiring. You can go through the top existing hole for wiring and just unscrew easily. If you choose to knock it out, you may need to spend some time with tools such as knockout punch set or hole saw.
- WHAT YOU GET: 50 Amp rv electrical outlet box, 18 MONTHS WARRANTY and EXCELFU 100% Satisfying Customer Service, please feel free to contact us If there is any problem.
Additional Info :
10. RVGUARD 50 Amp 125/250 Volt RV/EV Power Outlet Box, Enclosed Lockable Weatherproof Outdoor Electrical NEMA 14-50R Receptacle Panel, ETL Listed
- 【ETL listed】: NEMA 14-50R receptacle 125V/250V, power for your RV, trailer and electric car at camping ground.
- 【ENOUGH SPACE】: There is enough space for close the lid while plugging the cord even with a big handle or heavy duty very stiff rated wire. You can also adjust box lid position while installing panel and connecting power cord.
- 【With Lock】: RVGUARD power outlet box elevated cover with padlock prevents unauthorized use. Anti-theft lock enclosure.
- 【WeatherProof】: High-quality box, can be installed outdoors and indoors, work with your motorhome, EV car, generator, welder ect.
- 【Installation Advice】 : Knockout Hole by using knockout punch kit, multiple punching locations for you to choose
Additional Info :
How to choose the best outdoor power outlet box: Important features to consider
Materials: Polyethylene vs. polypropylene – Low-density polyethylene (stamped on the bottom as LDPE, recycling group number four) is more flexible than stiff, cheap polypropylene (recycling group five), so it won’t crack as easily if you drop a loaded bin on the garage floor. It also won’t become brittle at freezing temperatures the way polypropylene does.
Each material has some advantages. Polypropylene can be made see-through, and it’s much more heat resistant — all the way up to boiling temperatures. LDPE is always tougher, but it gets very soft at temperatures above 110 degrees Fahrenheit and melts in boiling water. Our testers have seen far more polypropylene bins fail in long-term storage, especially in cold climates, but in a baking-hot attic, you’d want to be very careful about how much weight is stacked on an LDPE bin.
Latching lids – A flip-up latch will hold your bin closed even if you over-stuff it, which is handy for things like bulky sweaters and puffy blankets. If you put too much strain on latches, though, they’re prone to pop out of the mounting holes. Those holes also mean an entry point for moisture and insects.
A waterproof seal – If you just need a bin to shed rain, almost any will do: with one exception, the lids we tested to cover the edge of the bin, which means water will roll off without getting inside. A totally sealed lid (like our top pick) will also keep out humidity, though damp items can mildew quickly if you’re not careful about what you put in the bin.
Stackable designs – Nearly any bin can stand on top of another, but some designs are able to neatly mix and match small and large bins while creating a topple-resistant tower.
Single-size lids – If you’re building a collection of storage containers to fully organize your life, it can be handy to have bins with same-size openings. This usually means you can stack and nest different sizes as well as share lids between them. Usually, there will be at least two sizes in a series of containers with a common lid and footprint size, with the difference in volume made up by height.
What to Look for in a Plastic Storage Bin
“Pre-sort items you want to organize into categories for containment,” says Marci McAvoy, professional organizer and founder of Marci McAvoy Home Organization. After pre-sorting, consider the storage bin’s capacity. Measure what you need to store and the space where it will live.
“There’s nothing worse than buying a bunch of bins and getting home and realizing that your space is too narrow for the bin you chose, or maybe you didn’t realize that your shelves couldn’t be adjusted for height,” says McAvoy.
Plastic storage tubs list the capacity in quarts or gallons, and some may also include the weight limit. If you’re shopping online, you can get a sense of what a bin can hold by looking at both product photos and images posted by shoppers, which are often the most helpful.
Material and Design
Rigid plastic materials are less likely to buckle when filled with extremely heavy items. These are sometimes labeled as high-density bins. “A bin like this tends to be more expensive because it is really durable, keeps dust and critters out, and is airtight,” says McAvoy.
If you’re storing bins vertically, look for a stackable style (these usually have recessed lids), since this will help the bins stay stable and maximize your storage space from top to bottom. Note that some storage bins are narrower at the bottom and wider on top, so they can nest when they’re empty. This is a helpful feature, but if you are lining these up on shelves horizontally, you may have wasted space between them.
Lid Closure Type
Storage bin lids can be attached or removable. The attached lids might be on a single set of hinges, or they may split down the middle and interlock. When the lid is integrated into the design, you’re less likely to lose track of it, but McAvoy warns that sometimes these can break, rendering the entire bin unusable.
McAvoy prefers removable lids with side snaps and latches. If you live with small children, you might need to opt for more secure closures. If you love color-coding, consider lids that come in different colors. Others might opt for clear lids so they can easily see the contents.
When is the best time to buy plastic storage bins?
Plastic bins often go on sale in January or February, when retailers try to capitalize on customers’ resolutions to get organized. Containers in colors like red and green maybe even more deeply discounted at this time.
How should you label plastic storage bins?
There are almost as many labeling options as there are plastic containers. If you want flexibility, stick to erasable options such as removable chalkboard or whiteboard labels, and use either chalk paint or dry-erase markers. Label bin clips work well on the handles of open bins, and can also be used with dry-erase markers or Sharpies. Some people opt to simply write directly on clear bins, or buy pre-printed stickers. If you want your label to be permanent, use a marker like a Sharpie or an acrylic paint pen.
How can you hide plastic storage bins in your home?
If you’re looking to hide storage bins in your home, one option is to buy larger, more attractive containers made from materials like wood or rattan, and fit the plastic boxes inside. This works best for items you don’t need frequently. You could also use fabric, washi tape, drawer liner paper, spray paint, and stencils to decorate the exterior of plastic storage bins. If you really don’t want to see them, opt for under-bed storage containers.
Can you recycle plastic storage bins?
Check the number on the container as well as your area’s recycling rules. Many storage containers are made of polypropylene (labeled 5 or PP), and although this can be recycled, not all localities currently do this curbside, but some may accept them at transfer stations. You may be able to recycle polypropylene storage bins through a recycling company like TerraCycle. Try searching “specialty recycling company” and then the name of your town and state. Acrylic can be difficult to recycle, but some specialized facilities may accept it1. Products containing BPA cannot be recycled.2
If you can’t easily recycle your old bins, try posting them on a local swap group such as Buy Nothing or Freecycle, or using them for other home projects, such as building a terrarium or mini greenhouse. If they’re clean and in good condition, you can also donate them.
Last update on Friday, August 19, 2022 - 15:07:29 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API