Consumers have been using storage boxes to organize nearly every part of their lives: In homes, on the farm, at warehouses, and even for travel. Over the years, many users have bought numerous brands and styles of storage containers for different applications. Some have served faithfully for decades in storage sheds, while some were only good for a year before cracking.
The best pancake box light fixture can lead to smarter living in your home. With a functional aesthetic, storage bins can declutter and organize. To find the ideal pancake box light fixture available, we conducted hours of research and evaluated product models on durability, size, type of plastic, closures, and price.
Top 10 Bestpancake box light fixture : Editor’s Choice
List of 10 Best pancake box light fixture: Selected and Tested by Experts
1. Sunco Lighting 6 Inch Ultra Thin LED Recessed Ceiling Lights Slim, 3000K Warm White, Dimmable 14W=100W, 850 LM, Smooth Trim Damp Rated, Canless Wafer Thin with Junction Box – ETL & Energy Star 4 Pack
- Top Rated 6 Inch Slim LED Downlight with Junction Box and Smooth Trim
- ✅ IC RATED – Sunco’s Slim downlights are IC rated, meaning they are thermally protected and won’t overheat or ignite surrounding insulation in the roof or overhead joist space. Both the light and its junction box are safe for direct contact with ceiling insulation.
- ✅ SIMPLE INSTALL – Our damp rated LED Slim Downlights come equipped with a junction box which means they do not need a can. This 6-inch Wafer Thin Slim installs fast. Cut a hole in the ceiling to size then fold the spring loaded brackets in while pushing up into the hole. Spring loaded brackets fit any ceiling type: double drywall, single drywall, and soffit.
- ✅ ETL CERTIFIED & ENERGY STAR LISTED – We uphold the highest standards for all our products by testing each product for optimal performance and safety. Our slim downlights with Smooth Trim are instant on, which means no buzzing or flickering for eye comfort. Our lights contain no mercury and don’t emit UV or IR.
- ✅ SUNCO BENEFITS – 7-Year Warranty! Sunco is proudly based in the USA, offering quality products at affordable prices backed by industry-leading warranties and knowledgeable support specialists.
Additional Info :
|Color||3000k Warm White|
2. Westinghouse Lighting 0103611 Saf-T-Pan, 1/2-Inch Deep
- Support box allows for safe installation of a ceiling fan or light fixture; attaches to an existing ceiling joist
- Fits all ceiling fan models; 1/2-Inch-deep box with 6-cubic-Inch capacity
- Dual mounting capabilities; five knockouts for Conduit or Romex
- UL listed for lighting fixture support of 150 pounds or less, acceptable for fan support of 70 pounds or less
- Bulk-packed mounting pan. Includes Saf-T-Cap to protect inner workings during drywall installation or painting
Additional Info :
3. ARLINGTON FSC405R Sconce Box, Diameter: 4″, Non-Metallic
- Measures 4 Inch x 0.5 Inch
- Cubic capacity of 5 Cubic-Inch
- Comes in black color
Additional Info :
4. 2 Pack Light Fixture Mounting Circle Crossbar, 4 Inch Diameter Adjustable Universal Steel Bracket Plate，Adaptor Fit for Flush Mount Ceiling Fan Wall Lamp Chandelier Pendant Vanity Accessory
- 【Universal Crossbar】This 4 inch flush mount ceiling light fixture crossbar plate is used as an universal part in various applications, such as mount wall light, close to ceiling light, ceiling fans, pendant light, vanity light and chandelier. This is widely used in fixture installation as it can satisfy different junction box size. Varies from 2 inch to 4 inch.
- 【Suitable for Most Junction Boxes】The mounting holes are designated in 2-1/8 inch center to center, 2-3/4 inch center to center, and 3-1/2 inch center to center. The material is stainless steel with Zinc plating. The steel plate thickness is 0.055 inch.
- 【Easy Installation】The crossbar/mounting bracket is convenient for you to assemble on the electrical junction boxes, please kindly refer to follow your local electrical codes and regulations.
- 【Satisfactory Guaranty】Feel free to contact us for any support, each customer will be offered the best service. And also our engineering team will try all possibilities to help you during the installation.
- 【Package Content】Including: 2 X Light Mounting Crossbar Plates; 4 X M4 x 30 Screws. 5 X Wiring Nuts. 2 X Ground Screws.
5. Southwire MSBFAN Fan Support 50/ lb, Maximum with Depth Adjustable, gray
- Depth Adjustable
- Quicker to install than a nail on box
- Extra thick wall material creates stability and rigidity
- Easily removed without creating damage to wall
- UL Listed; Madison Electric is now part of the Southwire family; Product packaging may vary
Additional Info :
6. Sigma Electric, White 143854WH 1/2-Inch 5 Hole Round Box
- Provide a junction for conduits or can be used to mount lampholders and lighting systems
- Features five 1/2-in knockouts and 16 cu. in. capacity
- Includes mounting lugs, closure plugs and a pre-installed ground screw
- Die-cast construction and powder coated for corrosion resistance
- Product is UL and CSA listed, suitable for wet locations and NEMA 3R rated
Additional Info :
7. 4 Inch Round 1/2 Inch Deep Old Work Pan Box With 2 1/2 Inch Conduit Knockouts
Additional Info :
8. ZOOSSI 4 Inches Diameter Universal Light Fixture Mounting Bracket, 2 Pack Circle Ceiling Light Brackets, Iron Light Fixture Mounting Plate with Ground Screw, Ceiling Light Crossbar for Wall Light
- 【Easy to Install】4 Inches diameter universal pendant light mounting bracket fits most ceiling lights. Including ground screws, wiring nuts and crossbar mounting screws, you just need to install it without buying other mounting hardware
- 【Wide Application】This light crossbar plate is designed to attach fixtures and canopies to electrical junction boxes. 2 Pack can satisfy your multiple needs, you can use it for mount wall light, close to ceiling light, ceiling fans, pendant light and chandelier
- 【Quality and Safety】2 Pack light fixture mounting brackets are made of high quality zinc plated steel : durable and rust resistant for ensuring your safe use
- 【Light Fixture Bracket Size】Dimensions for the holes are 2 1/8″ center to center, 2 3/4″ center to center, and 3 1/2″ center to center. Made of zinc plated steel that is 0.56″ thick and comes with an 8/32’’ ground screw
- 【Package includes】2 x light fixture crossbars; 4 x crossbar mounting screws; 2 x ground screws; 6 x wiring nuts
Additional Info :
9. Made in The U.S.A. Greenfield RB25BRS Series Weatherproof Electrical Outlet Box, Bronze
- Made in the U.S.A
- UL Listed, Weatherproof
- Diecast aluminum alloy, Durable powdercoat finish, Corrosion resistant
- Easy to install
Additional Info :
10. ARLINGTON INDUSTRIES CP3540 MOUNTING Screws are Invisible ON The Ceiling, Two #8-32 X 3/4 INCH Screws and ONE MOUNTING Bracket Included, PAINTABLE, Non-Metallic, Ceiling Box Cover
- CEILING BOX COVER
- MOUNTING SCREWS ARE INVISIBLE ON THE CEILING
- TWO #8-32 X 3/4 INCH SCREWS AND ONE MOUNTING BRACKET INCLUDED
Additional Info :
How to choose the best pancake box light fixture: Important features to consider
Materials: Polyethylene vs. polypropylene – Low-density polyethylene (stamped on the bottom as LDPE, recycling group number four) is more flexible than stiff, cheap polypropylene (recycling group five), so it won’t crack as easily if you drop a loaded bin on the garage floor. It also won’t become brittle at freezing temperatures the way polypropylene does.
Each material has some advantages. Polypropylene can be made see-through, and it’s much more heat resistant — all the way up to boiling temperatures. LDPE is always tougher, but it gets very soft at temperatures above 110 degrees Fahrenheit and melts in boiling water. Our testers have seen far more polypropylene bins fail in long-term storage, especially in cold climates, but in a baking-hot attic, you’d want to be very careful about how much weight is stacked on an LDPE bin.
Latching lids – A flip-up latch will hold your bin closed even if you over-stuff it, which is handy for things like bulky sweaters and puffy blankets. If you put too much strain on latches, though, they’re prone to pop out of the mounting holes. Those holes also mean an entry point for moisture and insects.
A waterproof seal – If you just need a bin to shed rain, almost any will do: with one exception, the lids we tested to cover the edge of the bin, which means water will roll off without getting inside. A totally sealed lid (like our top pick) will also keep out humidity, though damp items can mildew quickly if you’re not careful about what you put in the bin.
Stackable designs – Nearly any bin can stand on top of another, but some designs are able to neatly mix and match small and large bins while creating a topple-resistant tower.
Single-size lids – If you’re building a collection of storage containers to fully organize your life, it can be handy to have bins with same-size openings. This usually means you can stack and nest different sizes as well as share lids between them. Usually, there will be at least two sizes in a series of containers with a common lid and footprint size, with the difference in volume made up by height.
What to Look for in a Plastic Storage Bin
“Pre-sort items you want to organize into categories for containment,” says Marci McAvoy, professional organizer and founder of Marci McAvoy Home Organization. After pre-sorting, consider the storage bin’s capacity. Measure what you need to store and the space where it will live.
“There’s nothing worse than buying a bunch of bins and getting home and realizing that your space is too narrow for the bin you chose, or maybe you didn’t realize that your shelves couldn’t be adjusted for height,” says McAvoy.
Plastic storage tubs list the capacity in quarts or gallons, and some may also include the weight limit. If you’re shopping online, you can get a sense of what a bin can hold by looking at both product photos and images posted by shoppers, which are often the most helpful.
Material and Design
Rigid plastic materials are less likely to buckle when filled with extremely heavy items. These are sometimes labeled as high-density bins. “A bin like this tends to be more expensive because it is really durable, keeps dust and critters out, and is airtight,” says McAvoy.
If you’re storing bins vertically, look for a stackable style (these usually have recessed lids), since this will help the bins stay stable and maximize your storage space from top to bottom. Note that some storage bins are narrower at the bottom and wider on top, so they can nest when they’re empty. This is a helpful feature, but if you are lining these up on shelves horizontally, you may have wasted space between them.
Lid Closure Type
Storage bin lids can be attached or removable. The attached lids might be on a single set of hinges, or they may split down the middle and interlock. When the lid is integrated into the design, you’re less likely to lose track of it, but McAvoy warns that sometimes these can break, rendering the entire bin unusable.
McAvoy prefers removable lids with side snaps and latches. If you live with small children, you might need to opt for more secure closures. If you love color-coding, consider lids that come in different colors. Others might opt for clear lids so they can easily see the contents.
When is the best time to buy plastic storage bins?
Plastic bins often go on sale in January or February, when retailers try to capitalize on customers’ resolutions to get organized. Containers in colors like red and green maybe even more deeply discounted at this time.
How should you label plastic storage bins?
There are almost as many labeling options as there are plastic containers. If you want flexibility, stick to erasable options such as removable chalkboard or whiteboard labels, and use either chalk paint or dry-erase markers. Label bin clips work well on the handles of open bins, and can also be used with dry-erase markers or Sharpies. Some people opt to simply write directly on clear bins, or buy pre-printed stickers. If you want your label to be permanent, use a marker like a Sharpie or an acrylic paint pen.
How can you hide plastic storage bins in your home?
If you’re looking to hide storage bins in your home, one option is to buy larger, more attractive containers made from materials like wood or rattan, and fit the plastic boxes inside. This works best for items you don’t need frequently. You could also use fabric, washi tape, drawer liner paper, spray paint, and stencils to decorate the exterior of plastic storage bins. If you really don’t want to see them, opt for under-bed storage containers.
Can you recycle plastic storage bins?
Check the number on the container as well as your area’s recycling rules. Many storage containers are made of polypropylene (labeled 5 or PP), and although this can be recycled, not all localities currently do this curbside, but some may accept them at transfer stations. You may be able to recycle polypropylene storage bins through a recycling company like TerraCycle. Try searching “specialty recycling company” and then the name of your town and state. Acrylic can be difficult to recycle, but some specialized facilities may accept it1. Products containing BPA cannot be recycled.2
If you can’t easily recycle your old bins, try posting them on a local swap group such as Buy Nothing or Freecycle, or using them for other home projects, such as building a terrarium or mini greenhouse. If they’re clean and in good condition, you can also donate them.
Last update on Tuesday, August 16, 2022 - 14:27:26 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API