Consumers have been using storage boxes to organize nearly every part of their lives: In homes, on the farm, at warehouses, and even for travel. Over the years, many users have bought numerous brands and styles of storage containers for different applications. Some have served faithfully for decades in storage sheds, while some were only good for a year before cracking.
The best planter box for vegetables can lead to smarter living in your home. With a functional aesthetic, storage bins can declutter and organize. To find the ideal planter box for vegetables available, we conducted hours of research and evaluated product models on durability, size, type of plastic, closures, and price.
Top 10 Bestplanter box for vegetables : Editor’s Choice
List of 10 Best planter box for vegetables: Selected and Tested by Experts
1. Best Choice Products 96x24x10in Outdoor Wooden Raised Garden Bed Planter for Vegetables, Grass, Lawn, Yard – Natural
- BUILT TO LAST: Made of natural Chinese Fir wood to provide a gardening solution constructed to last through every season without discoloring or breaking down over the years
- EASY ASSEMBLY: Pre-sanded panels built with dovetail joints slide together and lock in place with screw-fastened posts for a quick, sturdy assembly
- MAXIMIZE SPACE: 8-foot garden bed provides ample space for plants to grow with an included liner to separate the wood from the soil and keep it in excellent condition
- GARDEN ORGANIZER: Separate and sort various types of plants, vegetables, fruits, and flowers with the included middle divider
- OUTDOOR ACCENT: Perfect decoration accessory that will complement any front or backyard, grass area, or budding garden; OVERALL DIMENSIONS: 96″(L) x 24″(W) x 10″(H)
Additional Info :
2. Land Guard Galvanized Raised Garden Bed Kit, Galvanized Planter Raised Garden Boxes Outdoor, Oval Large Metal Raised Garden Beds for Vegetables……
- Each raised metal garden bed size: 4×2×1ft ,7.14Cu
- Upgraded quality and structure: raised garden beds outdoor are made of Q195 galvanized metal sheet, double-layer anti-corrosion galvanizing and oval structure design, which is more beautiful, can withstand greater pressure at the interface, is not easy to loose, and the interface will not Deformed and can be reused for many years.
- Easy to set up, this galvanized stock tank only takes about 5 minutes to easily assemble and continue planting plants.
- Open base: This planter raised garden bed metal galvanized is designed with an open base, which can effectively avoid water accumulation and decay, protect the roots of plants, and allow the roots to better absorb nutrients
- Double thickness: The average thickness of this galvanized planter galvanized sheet reaches 0.78mm, and the thickest part can reach 1.56mm, which is extremely stable. Compared with the ordinary rectangular elevated garden bed with a thickness of 0.3mm, it will be the right choice for you. buy it! ! !
Additional Info :
3. Raised Garden Bed,Elevated Wood Planter Box Outdoor and Indoor Planter Box Garden Grow Box Patio Gardening Planter Box for Vegetable Flower(Natural) (49Lx24Wx30H)
- ✔【HIGH QUALITY MATERIALS】:The raised garden bed is made of no paint, garden bed use non-toxic fir wood, which is known for its strength and dimensional stability as well as its natural resistance to rot and pests. The 0.6’’ thick solid wood boards are only sanded to prevent any undesired injury caused by wood splinters.
- ✔【NATURE GARDENING BUDDY】:The garden bed use natural wood color makes your garden and greenhouse more original and healthy, and its natural wood grain on the boards bring a rustic and natural style to your garden.
- ✔【ERGONOMIC DESIGN】:The wood garden bed user-friendly design,the height about garden raise bed is 29.1 inch, the people who have a backache or knee pain can easily manage plants,you don’t need to bend down or keep down.
- ✔【SPACIOUS PLANTING SPACE】:This garden bed provide spacious space for you to plant vegetables, herbs, flowers, etc and ensure them to breath and grow healthily. 9.6 inches depth gives enough capacity to hold soil, making the roots of plants can extend freely.
- ✔【EASY ASSEMBLY】- Hardware and assembly manual are included. Specific assembly steps are clearly shown. All hardware are all listed and numbered for your reference.
Additional Info :
4. Best Choice Products 48x24x30in Raised Garden Bed, Elevated Wood Planter Box Stand for Backyard, Patio, Balcony w/Bed Liner, 200lb Capacity
- LARGE PLANTING SPACE: Designed with a long bed space (SKY2383 5 CuFt/ SKY6377 2.65 CuFT) deep enough to provide your plants and vegetables with ample room to breathe and grow healthy
- PROPER DRAINAGE: Allows excess water to drain out, keeping soil fresh and protecting plants from waterlogging or mineral buildup
- ALL-WOOD CONSTRUCTION: Naturally durable Chinese fir wood provides a water- and weather-resistant structure that discourage warps and sagging over time
- ERGONOMIC HEIGHT: The 30-inch tall design reduces excessive bending and kneeling to help preserve your back and knees as you tend to your balcony, deck, or patio garden
- RAISED GARDEN BED LINER: Separates wood from the soil, keeping the wooden garden planter in excellent condition and discouraging weeds and animals from interfering with plant growth; (Note: Only available for SKY2383 & SKY6377); OVERALL DIMENSIONS: 48.5″(L) x 23″(W) x 30″(H); Weight Capacity: 200 lbs.
Additional Info :
5. zizin Galvanized Raised Garden Bed Kit Outdoor Metal Large Square Planter Box for Vegetables Herb,4×1.5x1ft
- Size: 48″(L) x 18″(W) x 12″(H), provide sufficient space to grow vegetables, flowers or other plants
- Durable: made of metal, corner and frame are reinforced, more stable and durable, can be used for a long time
- ECO-friendly: environmental protection coating will not pollute the soil, so plants will be safer and healthier
- Bottomless Frame: provide a good drainage effect, make the soil more permeable to protect the plant root, so the plants would grow better
- Easy Assembly: can be easily assembled without additional tools
Additional Info :
6. GROWNEER 3 Packs 15 Inches Terracotta Color Flower Window Box Plastic Vegetable Planters with 15 Pcs Plant Labels, for Windowsill, Patio, Garden, Home Décor, Porch
- WHAT YOU GET — 3 pcs window planters; comes with 15 pcs plant labels, providing convenient for you to identify your plants by marking their name on the labels.
- PERFECT SIZE — Planter: length 15”, width 6.8”; tray: length 15.7”, width 6.3”; the total height: 4.9”, including planter and tray. The planter is suitable for indoor outdoor plants, flowers, vegetables, strawberries and so on.
- HIGH QUALITY — The planter box is made of premium plastic, which is durable, eco-friendly and allows you to reuse the planter for several seasons. The attached tray can store water drained out of the pot to keep your area clean.
- UNIQUE BOTTOM DESIGN — Designed with raised pot feet, the bottom with 4 opened drainage holes and 6 reserved drainage holes, will provide proper airflow and water drainage, promoting your plants’ growth.
- WIDELY USED — These window planter boxes are widely used in windowsill, patio, garden, porch or other indoor outdoor occasions. They are the right choice to plant miniature roses, tulip, carnation or other flowers, vegetables, fruits.
Additional Info :
7. Yaheetech Raised Garden Bed 48x24x30in Elevated Wooden Planter Box with Legs Standing Growing Bed for Gardening/Backyard/Patio/Balcony
- 【Natural solid wood】This natural raised garden bed is made of non-paint, harmless 100% solid wood, which is known for its strength and dimensional stability with a pleasing wooden smell. It is normal that there are wood knots on the surface. That’s a natural phenomenon when the wood is growing.
- 【Stable rectangle structure】This planting box features an elevated rectangular shape. Four side plates tightly insert into grooves on the legs. They are locked by the wooden covers and screws. The whole bed is supported steadily by wooden legs and extra three battens below.
- 【Backache-friendly design】Given its 30.1’’ height, people with backache/knee pain can easily manage the plants without bending down and taking the risk of pain. The thick solid wood boards are sanded well to prevent any undesired injury caused by wood splinters.
- 【Single piece of side plate】Comparing to other planting beds whose side plates are consist of several small battens, our planting raised bed has a piece of complete side plate at each side. This single-piece design makes the whole structure stable, and the installation is also very easy.
- 【Gardening supplies】With this wooden planter, you can cultivate plants like vegetables, flowers, herbs in your patio, yard, garden, and greenhouse. Plants will be healthy and strong in this natural raised bed, and more convenient to manage. The bottom of the planting bed has a drainage hole that provides oxygen and ventilation for your plants to grow more healthily.
Additional Info :
8. Elevated Planters Raised Garden Beds Plastic, Vegetables Plant Raised Bed Kits, Herbs Flowers Growing Box Container with Legs & Drainage Holes for Garden Patio Balcony Restaurant, Brown (2 Packs)
- ✅PREMIUM MATERIAL & GLOVES INCLUDED: Made from reinforced PP with rattan pattern, the planter raised beds are lightweight, stylish yet sturdy for long time use. A pair of gardening gloves included for free to help easier planting
- ✅MULTIPLE COMBINATION: Freely combined modular design makes the planter box easy & convenient to assemble, transport & position, meeting various gardening requirements. Imagine & create your own personalized garden
- ✅PRACTICAL DESIGN: The flower box features self-watering disk & drainage holes, offering space for reserve excessive water and help plants absorb water & nutrition completely while protecting from rot and over-drying
- ✅INDOOR & OUTDOOR USE: New design of safety heads will support trellis for climbing vines. Each raised bed come with 4 legs that can be added to protect plants from small animals or ground pests, suitable for deep rooted or high grown veggies herbs flowers both at home or outside
- ✅EASY TO ASSEMBLE: Single box sizes 15.7″ (L) x 15.7″ (W) x 17.2″ (H) (from top of the box to the bottom of the leg); No tools or screws needed to set up & transport. Instruction manual included. Practical for garden, home, restaurant, cafe and other outdoor indoor places. A great gift for plant enthusiast, mother or kids to join in planting process
Additional Info :
9. FOYUEE Raised Planter Box with Legs Outdoor Elevated Garden Bed On Wheels for Vegetables Flower Herb Patio
- SIZE: 40-1/2″ L x 15-1/2″ W x 31-1/2″ H overall, planting box: 37-1/2″ L x 15-1/2″ W x 8″ deep, holds about 2.5 cubic feet soil, provide ample growing space to raise vegetables, herbs, flowers and plants
- ERGONOMIC: Elevated raised planter box with legs eliminates the need to bend over, making gardening convenient. Raised garden bed on wheels, move to anywhere you want, with handy shelf holds accessories or tools
- METAL: Made of stable galvanized steel raised garden bed with anti-rusty grey coating, not made of wood which may rot. It can place outside or indoor for long time use
- DRAINAGE: In the middle of the cart is a drainage hole and drainage line to prevent waterlogging, planter can planted directly in the bed
- EASY SETUP: Space saving standing planter only need about 5min and easy to put it together, go ahead to raise the plants
Additional Info :
10. Yaheetech 3 Tier Raised Garden Bed Outdoor Elevated Flower Box Wooden Vegetables Growing Planter 47 x 47 x 22in for Backyard/Patio/Gardener
- * USEFUL & PRACTICAL: With this helpful planter, you can cultivate plants like vegetable, flowers, herbs in your patio, yard, garden and greenhouse, and make them more convenient to manage.
- * 3 TIERS DESIGN: This elevated planter provides 3 growing areas for different plants or planting methods. Each tier is connected with wood plugs, which allows this 3-tier garden bed to be easily transformed into 3 single separate growing beds in different sizes if needed.
- * LOW MAINTENANCE REQUIRED: Our high-quality garden bed planter is built to last for years without much care and maintenance.
- * EASY-TO-ASSEMBLE: This vegetable garden is built in a simple yet stable structure which is very easy and quick to set up. Necessary hardware is included for your convenience.
- * NICE-LOOKING GARDENING ACCESSORY: Decorative end caps on the corner posts and the wood grain on the boards give a rustic and natural style to your garden.
Additional Info :
How to choose the best planter box for vegetables: Important features to consider
Materials: Polyethylene vs. polypropylene – Low-density polyethylene (stamped on the bottom as LDPE, recycling group number four) is more flexible than stiff, cheap polypropylene (recycling group five), so it won’t crack as easily if you drop a loaded bin on the garage floor. It also won’t become brittle at freezing temperatures the way polypropylene does.
Each material has some advantages. Polypropylene can be made see-through, and it’s much more heat resistant — all the way up to boiling temperatures. LDPE is always tougher, but it gets very soft at temperatures above 110 degrees Fahrenheit and melts in boiling water. Our testers have seen far more polypropylene bins fail in long-term storage, especially in cold climates, but in a baking-hot attic, you’d want to be very careful about how much weight is stacked on an LDPE bin.
Latching lids – A flip-up latch will hold your bin closed even if you over-stuff it, which is handy for things like bulky sweaters and puffy blankets. If you put too much strain on latches, though, they’re prone to pop out of the mounting holes. Those holes also mean an entry point for moisture and insects.
A waterproof seal – If you just need a bin to shed rain, almost any will do: with one exception, the lids we tested to cover the edge of the bin, which means water will roll off without getting inside. A totally sealed lid (like our top pick) will also keep out humidity, though damp items can mildew quickly if you’re not careful about what you put in the bin.
Stackable designs – Nearly any bin can stand on top of another, but some designs are able to neatly mix and match small and large bins while creating a topple-resistant tower.
Single-size lids – If you’re building a collection of storage containers to fully organize your life, it can be handy to have bins with same-size openings. This usually means you can stack and nest different sizes as well as share lids between them. Usually, there will be at least two sizes in a series of containers with a common lid and footprint size, with the difference in volume made up by height.
What to Look for in a Plastic Storage Bin
“Pre-sort items you want to organize into categories for containment,” says Marci McAvoy, professional organizer and founder of Marci McAvoy Home Organization. After pre-sorting, consider the storage bin’s capacity. Measure what you need to store and the space where it will live.
“There’s nothing worse than buying a bunch of bins and getting home and realizing that your space is too narrow for the bin you chose, or maybe you didn’t realize that your shelves couldn’t be adjusted for height,” says McAvoy.
Plastic storage tubs list the capacity in quarts or gallons, and some may also include the weight limit. If you’re shopping online, you can get a sense of what a bin can hold by looking at both product photos and images posted by shoppers, which are often the most helpful.
Material and Design
Rigid plastic materials are less likely to buckle when filled with extremely heavy items. These are sometimes labeled as high-density bins. “A bin like this tends to be more expensive because it is really durable, keeps dust and critters out, and is airtight,” says McAvoy.
If you’re storing bins vertically, look for a stackable style (these usually have recessed lids), since this will help the bins stay stable and maximize your storage space from top to bottom. Note that some storage bins are narrower at the bottom and wider on top, so they can nest when they’re empty. This is a helpful feature, but if you are lining these up on shelves horizontally, you may have wasted space between them.
Lid Closure Type
Storage bin lids can be attached or removable. The attached lids might be on a single set of hinges, or they may split down the middle and interlock. When the lid is integrated into the design, you’re less likely to lose track of it, but McAvoy warns that sometimes these can break, rendering the entire bin unusable.
McAvoy prefers removable lids with side snaps and latches. If you live with small children, you might need to opt for more secure closures. If you love color-coding, consider lids that come in different colors. Others might opt for clear lids so they can easily see the contents.
When is the best time to buy plastic storage bins?
Plastic bins often go on sale in January or February, when retailers try to capitalize on customers’ resolutions to get organized. Containers in colors like red and green maybe even more deeply discounted at this time.
How should you label plastic storage bins?
There are almost as many labeling options as there are plastic containers. If you want flexibility, stick to erasable options such as removable chalkboard or whiteboard labels, and use either chalk paint or dry-erase markers. Label bin clips work well on the handles of open bins, and can also be used with dry-erase markers or Sharpies. Some people opt to simply write directly on clear bins, or buy pre-printed stickers. If you want your label to be permanent, use a marker like a Sharpie or an acrylic paint pen.
How can you hide plastic storage bins in your home?
If you’re looking to hide storage bins in your home, one option is to buy larger, more attractive containers made from materials like wood or rattan, and fit the plastic boxes inside. This works best for items you don’t need frequently. You could also use fabric, washi tape, drawer liner paper, spray paint, and stencils to decorate the exterior of plastic storage bins. If you really don’t want to see them, opt for under-bed storage containers.
Can you recycle plastic storage bins?
Check the number on the container as well as your area’s recycling rules. Many storage containers are made of polypropylene (labeled 5 or PP), and although this can be recycled, not all localities currently do this curbside, but some may accept them at transfer stations. You may be able to recycle polypropylene storage bins through a recycling company like TerraCycle. Try searching “specialty recycling company” and then the name of your town and state. Acrylic can be difficult to recycle, but some specialized facilities may accept it1. Products containing BPA cannot be recycled.2
If you can’t easily recycle your old bins, try posting them on a local swap group such as Buy Nothing or Freecycle, or using them for other home projects, such as building a terrarium or mini greenhouse. If they’re clean and in good condition, you can also donate them.
Last update on Monday, August 15, 2022 - 22:07:15 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API