Consumers have been using storage boxes to organize nearly every part of their lives: In homes, on the farm, at warehouses, and even for travel. Over the years, many users have bought numerous brands and styles of storage containers for different applications. Some have served faithfully for decades in storage sheds, while some were only good for a year before cracking.
The best sandbox cover can lead to smarter living in your home. With a functional aesthetic, storage bins can declutter and organize. To find the ideal sandbox cover available, we conducted hours of research and evaluated product models on durability, size, type of plastic, closures, and price.
Top 10 Bestsandbox cover : Editor’s Choice
List of 10 Best sandbox cover: Selected and Tested by Experts
1. Sandboxes Sandpit Cover-72in，Children’s Toys Bunker Cover for Protects Sand and Toys from Pollution Waterproof and Sun Protection
- 【Sandpit Protective Cover】- This Sandpit Protective Cover is designed for children’s toy bunkers to prevent toys and sands from being contaminated. 3 Sizes for you to Choose: 125x125x20 cm/ 155x155x20 cm/ 185x185x20 cm(LxW).
- 【Multi Usages Khaki Sandpit Cover, Swimming Pool Protective Cover】- The Sandpit Covers can be widely using as sandpit cover/ swimming pool cover/ sandbox cover/ garden pool cover/ Furniture waterproof Dust Cover etc. Green Sandbox Covers with Drawstring as Sandpit Cover Swimming Pool Cover, UV Protection Dustproof Waterproof, Prevent Falling Leaves & Animal Waste.
- 【Sandpit Cover with Drawstring Design】The drawstring design dustproof sandpit cover tightly covers the sandpit to prevent snow, frost, sun and falling leaves. It is universal in every season and provides additional protection for the sandpit.
- 【 Powerful Protection Function】 – The hexagonal sand pit cover perfectly covers the sand pit, which can protect sand and toys and prevent pollution. It is a good partner for children to go out and play.
- 【Drawstring Design】 -This Sandboxes Sandpit Cover has 4 drawcords, one in each corner about halfway up from the bottom.It also has Two string pieces from two diagonal corners where you can only assume you can tie them to camping stakes.
Additional Info :
2. Best Choice Products 47x47in Kids Large Wooden Sandbox for Backyard, Outdoor Play w/Cedar Wood, 2 Foldable Bench Seats, Sand Protection, Bottom Liner – Brown
- COMFORTABLE SEATING: Benches on opposite sides of the sandbox help keep moisture out and are made with backrests to keep kids comfortable and prevent falling backward as they play
- SEATS CONVERT TO COVER: Designed with 2 benches that seat up to 4 children or 2 adults and easily fold down into a split cover to keep the sand clear of debris
- CEDAR WOOD: Heat-treated cedar wood helps the sandbox remain sturdy and durable for a playtime solution that lasts through your child’s younger years
- BOTTOMLESS DESIGN W/ LINER: An included liner goes underneath the bottomless box to facilitate drainage, ventilation, and sand depth adjustment; NOTE: Play-grade sand is sold separately
- FUN FOR ANY AGE: Transform any backyard or outside play area into a space where toddlers and children can socialize, entertain, and explore; OVERALL DIMENSIONS: 47.25″(L) x 49″(W) x 8.5″(H); Bench Weight Capacity: 200 lbs. (each)
Additional Info :
3. Kid’s Sandbox with Cover, Cedar Wood Sandpit w/ Adjustable Canopy for Outdoor Backyard Play
- Play with Nature: SoliWood’s Kids Sandbox with Cover is Made from Solid Cedar Wood, with Long-Lasting and Sturdy Quality, Anti-corrosion Performance, and Weather Resistance, Let Kids Play in Nature
- Play with Safe: SoliWood’s Sandbox for Kids is Painted with 100% Water Based Non-Smell Coating Material without any Chemical and Vocs, Let Kids Play Safely
- Keep Sunny and Rain Off: SoliWood’s SandPit Cabana has an Angle Adjustable Canopy, it Can be Adjust in Different Angle and Heights to Protect Kids from Sunlight and Rain, it Can be Used as Cover for the San Box
- Great Gift for Kids: SoliWood’s Wooden Outdoor Sand Box Playstation is Suitable for Home Outdoor Garden Patio Lawn Backyard, with Bottom Liner
- What Makes SoliWood’s SandBox Excellent: Overall Size 46.5 L x 46.5″ W x 46.5″ H, Inside Size 40″ L x 40″ W x 6.5″ H; Cetified with Children Products’ Standard: ASTM, F963, CPSIA; Required 30 Minutes DIY Assemble.
Additional Info :
4. Outdoor Octagon Sand Box Cover Heavy Duty Waterproof Replacement Cover for 84″ X 78″ x 9″ Octagon Sandbox 6.5 ft x 7 ft
- This sandbox cover keeps all the leaf out or the water.
- This sandbox cover keeps the sandbox clean when not in use.
- If you get this cover so your kids can play in the sand box when it’s a pretty day.
- There is a draw string to help keep it from coming off.
- This sandbox cover is easy to put onto sandbox and stays in place.
Additional Info :
5. Oslimea Sandbox Cover with Drawstring, Square Dustproof Protection Beach Sandbox Canopy, Waterproof Sandpit Pool Cover (Green, 59.05″ x 59.05″)
- ✔✔Durable Sandbox Cover: Durable oxford cloth with waterproof PVC coating. Waterproof Sandpit Pool Cover, UV-resistant & rip-resistant.
- ✔Sandbox Cover Size: 59.05″ x 59.05″ x 7.8″. Color: Green. Note !!! : Make sure your sandbox size before purchasing.
- ✔✔Perfect Protection: Sandpit pool cover protects the sand in the big sandpit against coarse dirt and debris, such as leaves or animal droppings. Our sandpit cover avoid The Sand and Toys Contamination.
- ✔✔Upgraded thick drawstring designed: over the sandbox firmly, protect the sand and toys.
- ✔Multi Usages: The Sandpit Covers can be widely using as sandpit cover/ swimming pool cover/ sandbox cover/ garden pool cover/ Furniture Dust Cover. Fold-able sandbox cover is easy to carry, easy to fold when not in use.
Additional Info :
6. Maius Sandbox Cover, Square Protective Cover for Sand and Toys Away from Dust and Rain, Sandbox Canopy with Drawstring, Sandpit Pool Cover
- Upgraded 420D Sandbox Cover Material: For fit cutomer’s need, Maius sandbox covers has been upgrated to 420D polyester fabric with waterproof PVC coating; Beside , we’ve strengthened the rope design. The new sandbox cover will be more durable & water resistant. Keep the dust out and protect your sand and toys from rain!
- Drawstring Design: Sandpit Cover with Drawstring is designed to cover the sandbox firmly. Protect the sand and toys from leaves or animal droppings. Easy to carry, easy to fold when not in use
- Multi Usages: The Sandpit Covers can be widely using as sandpit cover/ swimming pool cover/ sandbox cover/ garden pool cover/ Furniture Dust Cover
- It is good to protect toys from dust and rain. No need to take all toys home , you can leave the big one understand our protective sandbox cover
Additional Info :
7. Badger Basket Covered Convertible Cedar Sandbox with Canopy and Bench Seats
- BUILT-IN BENCH SEATS: The unique sandbox design features fold-up bench seats that each hold up to 200 pounds. When sand play is done, simply unfold the seats and you have a built in cover
- INCLUDES COVER: When sand play is done, simply unfold the seats and you have a built in cover to keep unwanted animals and debris out of the sand
- SUN SHADE CANOPY: The backyard sandbox includes an attached waterproof fabric canopy to help shade little ones from the hot summer sun
- STURDY CEDAR WOOD: Each sandbox is heat treated and includes rust-resistant hardware to withstand harsh weather conditions
- OPEN BOTTOM DESIGN: Bottomless construction also allows for easier drainage to prevent water from puddling inside the sandbox and holds up to 750 pounds of sand
- SANDBOX DIMENSIONS: The sand box measures 46.5″ L x 46.5″ W x 9.5″ H (57″ H to canopy top). Each bench seat measures 44.75″L x 7.5″W x 7.5″H. Play area when bench seats are up measures 44.75″ x 31″
- A BRAND YOU CAN TRUST: Badger Basket is a family owned and U.S. based company with a long-standing history of creating quality products for you and your family. Families have trusted Badger Basket for over 75 years!
- Benches for playtime and canopy to protect from hot sun
- Made with solid wood
- Bottomless design allows you to customize the depth of sand
Additional Info :
8. Octagon Wooden Cedar Sand box w Seat Boards | Eco-Friendly Cover & Ground Liner | 84″ X 78″ x 9″ | 3/4″ Cedar Boards | Easy DIY Assembly | Holds 800+ lbs of Sand | Natural Cedar Beauty Built To Last
- EASY TO ASSEMBLE SANDBOX KIT: The perfect DIY sandbox engineered with our “slot system” for quick and easy assembly. Only tool required is a standard Phillips screwdriver and anyone can do it. No need to be handy or good with tools! Kit includes all panels & hardware, eco-friendly ground liner, eco-friendly top cover, and instructions. Does not include sand.
- REAL CEDAR SANDBOX IS NATURAL & BEAUTIFUL IN BACKYARD: (L) 84″ X 78″ (W) x 9″ (H). 3/4″ thick cedar panels hold up to 800 pounds of sand when assembled. Cedar timbers and green sandbox cover blend into any backyard play setting.
- SMOOTH CEDAR WOOD PANELS & WIDE SEATS ARE COMFORTABLE & BUILT TO LAST YEARS: Naturally resistant cedar wood is perfectly smooth & features our special “eased edges” for maximum smoothness to the touch. Water-based stain is eco-friendly, bringing out and preserving natural cedar color that lasts. Engineered to remain sturdy and durable for a playtime solution that lasts through your child’s younger years.
- FUN FOR AGE 18 MONTHS & OVER: Transform any backyard or outside play area into a space where toddlers and children can socialize, entertain and explore. Large enough for multiple children to play at same time.
- ECO-FRIENDLY TOP COVER & GROUND COVER KEEP OUT WEEDS: Weed-suppressant textile sheet allows for drainage and easy upkeep of your backyard sand box. Durable, eco-friendly polyethylene sandbox cover goes on in seconds to prevent excess moisture and unwanted animals.
Additional Info :
9. DGHAO Sandbox Cover Tool Sandpit Oxford Cloth Farm Shelter Canopy All-Purpose Protective Accessories Square Dustproof Waterproof with Drawstring Garden(120x120cm)
- Durable material: oxford cloth, wearable and long lasting. Waterproof Sandpit Pool Cover, lightfast and heat resistant.
- Perfect Protection: Sandpit pool cover protects sand and toys, protects children’s skin from rough sandboxes
- Available in size: Available in four sizes. Drawstring designed to cover the sandbox firmly
- Multi Usages: The Sandpit Covers can be widely using as sandpit cover/ swimming pool cover/ sandbox cover/ garden pool cover/ Furniture Dust Cover.
- Foldable: It is very convenient to fold and store when not in use. Avoid The Sand and Toys Contamination.
Additional Info :
|Color||As Picture Show|
10. SOFW Sandbox Cover,60in Sandbox Sandpit Cover Waterproof and Sun Protection,420D Heavy Duty Square Sandbox Protective Cover with Drawstring
- Sandbox Sandpit Cover Size:155x155x20 cm.Please measure your sandbox size before purchasing.
- Sandbox Cover Material: The sandbox cover is made of 420D polyester fabric with waterproof silver finish. The sandbox cover will be more durable and waterproof and dustproof, protecting your sand and toys from the rain!
- Sandpit Cover With drawcord design：The drawcord design will make the lid fit better in the sandbox. Prevents being blown away by wind, making it easier to fit.
- Multi Usages: The Sandpit Covers can be widely using as sandpit cover/ swimming pool cover/ sandbox cover/ garden pool cover/ Furniture Dust Cover. Fold-able sandbox cover is easy to carry, easy to fold when not in use.
- Powerful Protection Function：The sand pit cover perfectly covers the sand pit, which can protect sand and toys and prevent pollution. It is a good partner for children to go out and play.
- After-sales service：Sandbox Cover please feel free to contact us if you have any questions. Thank you for your support and wish you a happy life.
Additional Info :
|Color||Grey and Blue|
How to choose the best sandbox cover: Important features to consider
Materials: Polyethylene vs. polypropylene – Low-density polyethylene (stamped on the bottom as LDPE, recycling group number four) is more flexible than stiff, cheap polypropylene (recycling group five), so it won’t crack as easily if you drop a loaded bin on the garage floor. It also won’t become brittle at freezing temperatures the way polypropylene does.
Each material has some advantages. Polypropylene can be made see-through, and it’s much more heat resistant — all the way up to boiling temperatures. LDPE is always tougher, but it gets very soft at temperatures above 110 degrees Fahrenheit and melts in boiling water. Our testers have seen far more polypropylene bins fail in long-term storage, especially in cold climates, but in a baking-hot attic, you’d want to be very careful about how much weight is stacked on an LDPE bin.
Latching lids – A flip-up latch will hold your bin closed even if you over-stuff it, which is handy for things like bulky sweaters and puffy blankets. If you put too much strain on latches, though, they’re prone to pop out of the mounting holes. Those holes also mean an entry point for moisture and insects.
A waterproof seal – If you just need a bin to shed rain, almost any will do: with one exception, the lids we tested to cover the edge of the bin, which means water will roll off without getting inside. A totally sealed lid (like our top pick) will also keep out humidity, though damp items can mildew quickly if you’re not careful about what you put in the bin.
Stackable designs – Nearly any bin can stand on top of another, but some designs are able to neatly mix and match small and large bins while creating a topple-resistant tower.
Single-size lids – If you’re building a collection of storage containers to fully organize your life, it can be handy to have bins with same-size openings. This usually means you can stack and nest different sizes as well as share lids between them. Usually, there will be at least two sizes in a series of containers with a common lid and footprint size, with the difference in volume made up by height.
What to Look for in a Plastic Storage Bin
“Pre-sort items you want to organize into categories for containment,” says Marci McAvoy, professional organizer and founder of Marci McAvoy Home Organization. After pre-sorting, consider the storage bin’s capacity. Measure what you need to store and the space where it will live.
“There’s nothing worse than buying a bunch of bins and getting home and realizing that your space is too narrow for the bin you chose, or maybe you didn’t realize that your shelves couldn’t be adjusted for height,” says McAvoy.
Plastic storage tubs list the capacity in quarts or gallons, and some may also include the weight limit. If you’re shopping online, you can get a sense of what a bin can hold by looking at both product photos and images posted by shoppers, which are often the most helpful.
Material and Design
Rigid plastic materials are less likely to buckle when filled with extremely heavy items. These are sometimes labeled as high-density bins. “A bin like this tends to be more expensive because it is really durable, keeps dust and critters out, and is airtight,” says McAvoy.
If you’re storing bins vertically, look for a stackable style (these usually have recessed lids), since this will help the bins stay stable and maximize your storage space from top to bottom. Note that some storage bins are narrower at the bottom and wider on top, so they can nest when they’re empty. This is a helpful feature, but if you are lining these up on shelves horizontally, you may have wasted space between them.
Lid Closure Type
Storage bin lids can be attached or removable. The attached lids might be on a single set of hinges, or they may split down the middle and interlock. When the lid is integrated into the design, you’re less likely to lose track of it, but McAvoy warns that sometimes these can break, rendering the entire bin unusable.
McAvoy prefers removable lids with side snaps and latches. If you live with small children, you might need to opt for more secure closures. If you love color-coding, consider lids that come in different colors. Others might opt for clear lids so they can easily see the contents.
When is the best time to buy plastic storage bins?
Plastic bins often go on sale in January or February, when retailers try to capitalize on customers’ resolutions to get organized. Containers in colors like red and green maybe even more deeply discounted at this time.
How should you label plastic storage bins?
There are almost as many labeling options as there are plastic containers. If you want flexibility, stick to erasable options such as removable chalkboard or whiteboard labels, and use either chalk paint or dry-erase markers. Label bin clips work well on the handles of open bins, and can also be used with dry-erase markers or Sharpies. Some people opt to simply write directly on clear bins, or buy pre-printed stickers. If you want your label to be permanent, use a marker like a Sharpie or an acrylic paint pen.
How can you hide plastic storage bins in your home?
If you’re looking to hide storage bins in your home, one option is to buy larger, more attractive containers made from materials like wood or rattan, and fit the plastic boxes inside. This works best for items you don’t need frequently. You could also use fabric, washi tape, drawer liner paper, spray paint, and stencils to decorate the exterior of plastic storage bins. If you really don’t want to see them, opt for under-bed storage containers.
Can you recycle plastic storage bins?
Check the number on the container as well as your area’s recycling rules. Many storage containers are made of polypropylene (labeled 5 or PP), and although this can be recycled, not all localities currently do this curbside, but some may accept them at transfer stations. You may be able to recycle polypropylene storage bins through a recycling company like TerraCycle. Try searching “specialty recycling company” and then the name of your town and state. Acrylic can be difficult to recycle, but some specialized facilities may accept it1. Products containing BPA cannot be recycled.2
If you can’t easily recycle your old bins, try posting them on a local swap group such as Buy Nothing or Freecycle, or using them for other home projects, such as building a terrarium or mini greenhouse. If they’re clean and in good condition, you can also donate them.
Last update on Wednesday, August 17, 2022 - 18:27:15 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API