Consumers have been using storage boxes to organize nearly every part of their lives: In homes, on the farm, at warehouses, and even for travel. Over the years, many users have bought numerous brands and styles of storage containers for different applications. Some have served faithfully for decades in storage sheds, while some were only good for a year before cracking.
The best wirecutter kids lunchbox can lead to smarter living in your home. With a functional aesthetic, storage bins can declutter and organize. To find the ideal wirecutter kids lunchbox available, we conducted hours of research and evaluated product models on durability, size, type of plastic, closures, and price.
Top 10 Bestwirecutter kids lunchbox : Editor’s Choice
List of 10 Best wirecutter kids lunchbox: Selected and Tested by Experts
1. Bentgo Kids Prints (Unicorn) – Leak-Proof, 5-Compartment Bento-Style Kids Lunch Box – Ideal Portion Sizes for Ages 3 to 7 – BPA-Free and Food-Safe Materials
- LUNCH IN STYLE: Bentgo Kids has upgraded America’s favorite children’s lunchbox with fun patterns that showcase your child’s personality
- IDEAL PORTIONS FOR KIDS: 5 practical compartments portioned perfectly for a child’s appetite to encourage a healthy and balanced meal (recommended for ages 3-7)
- LEAK-PROOF TECHNOLOGY: Keeps meals and snacks fresh and mess-free during transport – Designed with 2 kid-friendly latches that are easy for small hands to open and close
- DROP-PROOF DESIGN: Made with durable, rubber-coated edges that protect the lunchbox when dropped
- PURCHASE WITH A PURPOSE: Bentgo continues to be a proud supporter of Feed the Children, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that gives hope and resources for hungry children and families. Since 2017, Bentgo has donated more than $200,000 to help put an end to hunger.
Additional Info :
2. Mr. Pen- Wire Cutter, 6 Inch, Wire Cutters, Diagonal Wire Cutters, Flush Cutter, Nippers, Side Cutters, Flush Cutters, Diagonal Cutter, Cutting Pliers, Floral Wire Cutter, Wire Pliers
- Mr. Pen`s Flush-Cut Wire Cutter With Angled Head For Flush-Cutting Applications On Up To 16 Gauge (1.3mm) Copper And Soft Wire
- Cuts all kind of wire up to 1.3mm
- Heat-Treated Carbon Steel Construction Provides Durability And Long Life
- Precision-Ground Holes And Surfaces Provide Smooth Movement
- Nonslip Hand Grips With Curved Fore-Edge Provide Comfort And Control, And Prevent Glare And Increase Corrosion Resistance
3. Bentgo® Kids Chill Lunch Box – Bento-Style Lunch Solution with 4 Compartments and Removable Ice Pack for Meals and Snacks On-the-Go – Leak-Proof, Dishwasher Safe, BPA-Free (Fuchsia/Teal)
- KEEPS LUNCHES COOL: No need to buy extra ice packs — the removable ice pack keeps food cool longer
- PORTION-PERFECT MEAL TRAY: Makes it easy to pack variety in one slim lunch box with space for half sandwiches, wraps, fruits, veggies, and more (recommended for ages 3-7) — fits in the outer shell, which has a rubberized edge for active kids on-the-go
- LEAK-PROOF TECHNOLOGY: Keeps meals and snacks fresh and mess-free during transport. One kid-friendly latch makes it easy for small hands to open and close
- PURCHASE WITH A PURPOSE: Bentgo continues to be a proud supporter of Feed the Children, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that gives hope and resources for hungry children and families. Since 2017, Bentgo has donated more than $200,000 to help put an end to hunger
- WHAT YOU GET: Bentgo Kids Chill outer shell, compartment food tray, removable ice pack, industry-leading 2 Year Warranty, and caring customer support
Additional Info :
4. Amazon Basics Reusable Silicone Baking Cups, Muffin Liners – Pack of 12, Multicolor
- 12-pack of reusable baking cups; made of food-grade BPA-free silicone; ideal for baking, lunch/snack cups, and more
- Effortless food release—no greasing or cooking spray needed; stain and odor resistant
- Freezer-, microwave- and oven-safe (up to 428 degrees F); dishwasher-safe for quick cleanup
- Cost-saving alternative to disposable paper cups; works with any standard muffin pan
- Measures 3.5 cm high (1.38 inches); includes 2 of each color: pink, orange, yellow, green, blue, and purple
Additional Info :
5. IRWIN VISE-GRIP Diagonal Cutting Pliers, 6-Inch (2078306)
- Durable nickel chromium steel construction
- ProTouch grips provide extra comfort and reduces hand fatigue
- Induction hardened cutting edge stays sharper, longer
- Machined jaws for maximum gripping strength
- Meets or exceeds ANSI specifications
Additional Info :
6. BOENFU Wire Cutter 6 Inches Precision Side Cutter Cutting Pliers Diagonal Cutter Plastic Snips Jewelry Wire Clippers Model Snippers Flush Cutter for Jewelry Making, Crafts, Artificial Flowers
- ULTRA-SHARP WIRE CUTTERS: Improved knife design easily snips wire up to 12AWG / (Φ2.5mm)
- HIGH HARDNESS CR-V: Forged from chrome vanadium tool steel, and blades are heat treated for increased durability
- ERGONOMIC ANTI-SLIP HANDLE: Perfect length to provide great leverage, ergonomic design frosted handle provides comfort and control
- FLUSH CUT: The angled tip is nice for tight cuts. Producing a flat, flush cut. Ideal wire cutters for artificial flowers, zip ties, circuit boards, crafting, electrical wire, plastic, etc
- SPRING-LOADED: Steel return spring for increased comfort during repetitive cutting. The handle can automatically reset, easy to open and close, fast, and more efficient
Additional Info :
7. Wildkin Insulated Lunch Box for Boys and Girls, Perfect Size for Packing Hot or Cold Snacks for School and Travel, Mom’s Choice Award Winner, BPA-Free, Olive Kids (Trains, Planes and Trucks)
- DO YOUR PART FOR THE ENVIRONMENT AT A GREAT PRICE – Say “goodbye” to those brown paper bag days and “hello” to a more environmentally friendly approach to lunch time. Reduce waste and save money with our reusable Classic Square shape Wildkin lunch box bag for kids boys and girls! Measures 9.75 x 7 x 3.25 Inches. You’ll find this insulated lunch bag for kids super spacious and will have no problem fitting more than just your lunch inside.
- TRAVEL-FRIENDLY DESIGN – Make travel easy with this lightweight Wildkin kids lunch box that features an interior mesh pocket, backpack and lunch box matching gear, easy access front pocket that fits a 16 oz water bottle and coordinates Backpacks. Go ahead, pack that extra treat with our Wildkin kids lunch bag! Check it out to find our coordinate backpack from our listing catalogue.
- MOM’S CHOICE AWARDEE – Wildkin is a recipient of the prestigious Mom’s Choice Award. The MCA evaluates products created for parents and is globally recognized for establishing the benchmark of excellence in family-friendly products. Using a rigorous evaluation process, we are scored on quality, design, educational value, originality, appeal & cost. Around the world, parents, educators, & retailers trust the MCA Excellence seal when selecting quality products/services for families and children.
- SUPERIOR QUALITY – Premium fabric makes these 100% play proof Wildkin lunch box for girls and boys durable, sturdy and easy to clean. Insulation helps retain hot and cold temperatures throughout the day to improve food quality, freshness and taste. Wildkin’s lunch box for boys and girls line is not only one of the best options on the market, but each lunch bags pattern offers an exciting and bold look that makes it fun to carry around.
- PATTERN COORDINATES WITH OLIVE KIDS AND OTHER WILDKIN ITEMS – Make a theme out of it! This small lunch bag is part of our Olive Kids collection. Each boys and girls lunch box was designed to coordinate with Olive Kids and other Wildkin items. From backpacks, to duffel bags, to sleeping bags, your child will love having their favorite lunch bag for girls and boys designs with them on-the-go. Pick your favorite color or let your little one select a pattern with their favorite theme.
- Sturdy, durable, fabric construction,Product Dimensions: 7 x 3.2 x 9.8 inche
- Pvc, bpa & phthalate-free
- Available in lots of great patterns
- Insulated and easy-to-clean
- Zippered front pocket
- Manufacturer recommended age: 3-15 years
Additional Info :
|Color||Trains, Planes and Trucks|
8. Yoobi x Marvel Spider-Man Bento Box and Ice Pack – 3 Compartment Bento Lunch Box, Dishwasher & Microwave Safe Marvel Lunch Container for Kids & Adults, BPA & PVC Free, Leakproof
- Spider-Man Bento Box for Kids at Heart: This Marvel Spider-Man lunch box is a innovative twist on the traditional Japanese bento box. A leakproof snack box that divides up your food like fruit, veggies, pasta, & even dip! Measures 2.56” L x 5.83” W x 5.83” H, the ideal size for lunch bags & backpacks. Includes Ice Pack!
- 3 Separate Compartments: A Spider-Man bento box kids & adults can enjoy has 3 practical compartments that are perfectly portioned to encourage a healthy and balanced meal. Carry this Spider-Man lunch box for boys and girls to make your classmates or co-workers green with envy.
- Leak-Proof for Sauces & Dips: Our leak proof lunch box for kids has a sturdy, secure locking lid that is still easy to open for kids. The removable inner lid on the kids lunch box also helps the food or liquids in each compartment stay sealed in their respective compartments!
- Microwave & Dishwasher Safe: (top shelf only) As easy to clean, as it is to pack and prep. Remove the small bento box lid while microwaving. Hand washing is recommended for the outer shell to preserve a leak-proof seal and extend longevity.
- Who is Yoobi? We’re the innovative school, home, and office supplies company has collaborated with Marvel for a super-powered collection of back-to-school essentials like Spider-Man lunch kits. For every Yoobi item you purchase, another Yoobi item will be donated to a child in need in the U.S.
Additional Info :
9. wjq&linyuzi Stainless Steel Serrated Edge Cake Server Blade Cutter Shovel Kitchen Baking Pastry Spatulas Pie Pizza Server Cake Cutter (gold), 22.5*4.7cm (004)
- 100% Brand New & High Quality.
- Material:stainless steel
- Color:as picture
- size:length*width 22.5*4.7cm(including the handle)
- Conversion 1 inch=2.54cm, 1cm=0.393inches
Additional Info :
10. SAVOYCHEF Sandwich Cutter and Sealer – Decruster Sandwich Maker – Cut and Seal – Great for Lunchbox and Bento Box – Boys and Girls Kids Lunch – Sandwich Cutters for Kids
- ? PATENT-PENDING: Tired of buying pre-made sandwiches from your grocery store? Use our patent-pending cutter and sealer combo to create your own!
- ❤️ OVER 10,000 PARENTS SATISFIED: Enjoy spending time in the kitchen with your children by making fun lunches together! 10,000+ parents and children across the world have chosen Savoychef products. Order now to join the family!
- ? COOLEST KID IN SCHOOL: Our set makes it easy to turn a boring lunch into fun shapes in a jiffy before school. Suitable for both girls and boys, they will love the healthy tidbits in their lunchboxes so much that they’ll want to show them off to their friends.
- ?SAFE AND HIGH QUALITY: The Savoychef’s sandwich cutter set is safe and 100% free from BPA, lead, PVC, mercury, and phthalates. Also, top-rack dishwasher safe!
- ? 1-YEAR WARRANTY: With our amazing track record of satisfied customers, we’re so confident that you’ll love our set. If you’re not satisfied for any reason, just reach out to us and we’ll be happy to resolve any issues you may face. Our average response time is 12 hrs or less.
Additional Info :
How to choose the best wirecutter kids lunchbox: Important features to consider
Materials: Polyethylene vs. polypropylene – Low-density polyethylene (stamped on the bottom as LDPE, recycling group number four) is more flexible than stiff, cheap polypropylene (recycling group five), so it won’t crack as easily if you drop a loaded bin on the garage floor. It also won’t become brittle at freezing temperatures the way polypropylene does.
Each material has some advantages. Polypropylene can be made see-through, and it’s much more heat resistant — all the way up to boiling temperatures. LDPE is always tougher, but it gets very soft at temperatures above 110 degrees Fahrenheit and melts in boiling water. Our testers have seen far more polypropylene bins fail in long-term storage, especially in cold climates, but in a baking-hot attic, you’d want to be very careful about how much weight is stacked on an LDPE bin.
Latching lids – A flip-up latch will hold your bin closed even if you over-stuff it, which is handy for things like bulky sweaters and puffy blankets. If you put too much strain on latches, though, they’re prone to pop out of the mounting holes. Those holes also mean an entry point for moisture and insects.
A waterproof seal – If you just need a bin to shed rain, almost any will do: with one exception, the lids we tested to cover the edge of the bin, which means water will roll off without getting inside. A totally sealed lid (like our top pick) will also keep out humidity, though damp items can mildew quickly if you’re not careful about what you put in the bin.
Stackable designs – Nearly any bin can stand on top of another, but some designs are able to neatly mix and match small and large bins while creating a topple-resistant tower.
Single-size lids – If you’re building a collection of storage containers to fully organize your life, it can be handy to have bins with same-size openings. This usually means you can stack and nest different sizes as well as share lids between them. Usually, there will be at least two sizes in a series of containers with a common lid and footprint size, with the difference in volume made up by height.
What to Look for in a Plastic Storage Bin
“Pre-sort items you want to organize into categories for containment,” says Marci McAvoy, professional organizer and founder of Marci McAvoy Home Organization. After pre-sorting, consider the storage bin’s capacity. Measure what you need to store and the space where it will live.
“There’s nothing worse than buying a bunch of bins and getting home and realizing that your space is too narrow for the bin you chose, or maybe you didn’t realize that your shelves couldn’t be adjusted for height,” says McAvoy.
Plastic storage tubs list the capacity in quarts or gallons, and some may also include the weight limit. If you’re shopping online, you can get a sense of what a bin can hold by looking at both product photos and images posted by shoppers, which are often the most helpful.
Material and Design
Rigid plastic materials are less likely to buckle when filled with extremely heavy items. These are sometimes labeled as high-density bins. “A bin like this tends to be more expensive because it is really durable, keeps dust and critters out, and is airtight,” says McAvoy.
If you’re storing bins vertically, look for a stackable style (these usually have recessed lids), since this will help the bins stay stable and maximize your storage space from top to bottom. Note that some storage bins are narrower at the bottom and wider on top, so they can nest when they’re empty. This is a helpful feature, but if you are lining these up on shelves horizontally, you may have wasted space between them.
Lid Closure Type
Storage bin lids can be attached or removable. The attached lids might be on a single set of hinges, or they may split down the middle and interlock. When the lid is integrated into the design, you’re less likely to lose track of it, but McAvoy warns that sometimes these can break, rendering the entire bin unusable.
McAvoy prefers removable lids with side snaps and latches. If you live with small children, you might need to opt for more secure closures. If you love color-coding, consider lids that come in different colors. Others might opt for clear lids so they can easily see the contents.
When is the best time to buy plastic storage bins?
Plastic bins often go on sale in January or February, when retailers try to capitalize on customers’ resolutions to get organized. Containers in colors like red and green maybe even more deeply discounted at this time.
How should you label plastic storage bins?
There are almost as many labeling options as there are plastic containers. If you want flexibility, stick to erasable options such as removable chalkboard or whiteboard labels, and use either chalk paint or dry-erase markers. Label bin clips work well on the handles of open bins, and can also be used with dry-erase markers or Sharpies. Some people opt to simply write directly on clear bins, or buy pre-printed stickers. If you want your label to be permanent, use a marker like a Sharpie or an acrylic paint pen.
How can you hide plastic storage bins in your home?
If you’re looking to hide storage bins in your home, one option is to buy larger, more attractive containers made from materials like wood or rattan, and fit the plastic boxes inside. This works best for items you don’t need frequently. You could also use fabric, washi tape, drawer liner paper, spray paint, and stencils to decorate the exterior of plastic storage bins. If you really don’t want to see them, opt for under-bed storage containers.
Can you recycle plastic storage bins?
Check the number on the container as well as your area’s recycling rules. Many storage containers are made of polypropylene (labeled 5 or PP), and although this can be recycled, not all localities currently do this curbside, but some may accept them at transfer stations. You may be able to recycle polypropylene storage bins through a recycling company like TerraCycle. Try searching “specialty recycling company” and then the name of your town and state. Acrylic can be difficult to recycle, but some specialized facilities may accept it1. Products containing BPA cannot be recycled.2
If you can’t easily recycle your old bins, try posting them on a local swap group such as Buy Nothing or Freecycle, or using them for other home projects, such as building a terrarium or mini greenhouse. If they’re clean and in good condition, you can also donate them.
Last update on Wednesday, August 17, 2022 - 17:37:15 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API